My New E36 M3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bmwforumerm3 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey

So I just sold my 328is 1996 bmw.

Reason: MPOWER!

Im about to be buying my E36 m3

Ive made a few decisions already being that im getting Vaders for sure.

I need your help with colors.

Do you think BLACK is a good color for an m3? reasons for getting the cosmos black....SICK....reasons for not... Swirl marks, dirty easily, shows scratches, paint chips.

Silver?
Good color all around?
Or is it too common?> I guess black is just as common if not more...but looks more slick i guess.

Help me and give me all your opinions on what you have liked about ur possible m3's and things you wish you had done for your ///M!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!

-M till the end

<span style='color:blue'>

My 1997 cosmos black m3
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780</a>
</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:00 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
okay this might sound retarded but on e36 bmws my personal favorite color is hellrot red or white :P I have a black car and love it! but I also hate it for the above mentioned reasons. something about red on black that turns me on. just my opinion.

#3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Neutral Member

BMW@JMU is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always thought that white has a classy touch but it does show dirt well. If I were to get one, I'd get either black or white...most likely black. If you have the money to get one with a mint paint job then black all the way and take care of her.

-1985 325e - 5000 RPM's of Fury
#4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Heres the deal

Im possibly gonna be able to do this through a friend?

hes really doing me a favor!

I think its safe to say im in the best hands right now. But even if you get a black car with perfect paint job you still can see scratches and what not.

I owned a White 328is and i think its the most BORING COLOR ever.Its not good at showing its muscle, black on the other hand...comes out no where and is sleeeeeek as hell!

A guy with a 95 mustang...(i know they will never EVERRRRRR Compare) has a black mustang....loves it to death, but says never ever get a black color...once the afternoon sun comes out you'll see every scratch and swirl mark. which may be true...but seriosly if you go to cardomain and look at the cosmos black m3's.....I swear i almost wanna die...so nice...

Heres the problem.

there are now 2 silver m3's close to my town...aka right next door. These are all E36's by the way...ok back to my point....there are 2 silver m3's and 1 white one..and one yellow one. Theres a black E46 m3 but its like i said im talking about E36's.....I wanna have somthing different!!!!!

BTW avus blue prolly isnt an option way to rare for the money I have

Ive loved these cars for wayyyyyyyyyy to long to make a mistake now!!

so right now
looking at

Silver/black
Bmw ///M rims 5 spoke!!! <<<<Sex!
///M spoiler<<<<just as sexy!
vaders with perfect leather
best paint job that you can find

NEED help

-M till the end!

My 1997 cosmos black m3
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789780</a>
</span>
#5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Btw black being the sexy color i think it to be....I just thought of somthing...a black m3 is kinda like a stripper...looks great at night, but the sunlight dont treat her as nicly!

My 1997 cosmos black m3
</span>
#6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

miztuhdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to miztuhdan
BMW's look best in dark colors. I'd go for the mystic blue, deep green, deep red, or black color. white, silver, grey, and denim blue on bmw's are ugly in my opinion.

Track Day-- Spartanburg, SC

United BMW Parts Department
#7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Mine is white.. pic in the sig..

lata,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Neutral Member

BaLLZacK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Estoril blue with dove grey or black interior owns and is probaly the best blue ever made IMO on a car that is.... still turns heads as well.. but if its to flashly stil with black.

Ballz

<span style='color:blue'>Got BaLLz?</span>
#9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Neutral Member

bitchincamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my silver M3...looks great. I like all the colors except red and yellow. The white looks pretty damn good in my opinion.

Black hides to many of the coolest features on the car like the front and rear spoilers.

You definitely want black leather interior though...and vader seats are too cool...thats the only thing missing in mine... though i dont think i have ever seen them in a sedan m3 before...
#10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Estoril blue! It's a badass color in combination with a white leather interiour. Go for it! Here's an example:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mooie_M3__M3_FX_bmw_forum_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	17087  

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
n00b

salvador is an unknown quantity at this point
Black is sharp as h*ll, but it's a major PITA to keep up. I went from a silver E46 M3 to a black car and I'm regretting it at the moment. It's the best color when clean and the worst when dirty.

My vote is for silver. I've always loved silver.

Sal
#12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Chant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by jrhaile@Jan 31 2005, 07:00 PM
okay this might sound retarded but on e36 bmws my personal favorite color is hellrot red or white :P I have a black car and love it! but I also hate it for the above mentioned reasons. something about red on black that turns me on. just my opinion.
[snapback]283472[/snapback]
I have to agree that if you want something different then go for the RED!! See my sig for my HOT RED M3 98 Sedan. it is noticable that is for sure. I haven't seen many of them and working for Dell you can bet that i would LOL. I do luv my RED M3 and owned a 325i alpine white before it. It gets the looks that is for sure.

good luck with which ever you decide

chant
#13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Hey guys
Welll i went with black... Its an awsome color no doubt.

I waxed it yesterday and looks great. Somthing about the hood thats messed up though theres alot of water marks. ....hmmmm anger. O well its still sick. Any suggestions on getting those out. Its also kinda ruff too. keep in mind only on the hood.

Help.

Btw

Sports package with vaders and hi fy system

My 1997 cosmos black m3
</span>
#14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Chant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwforumerm3@Feb 14 2005, 01:02 AM
Hey guys
Welll i went with black... Its an awsome color no doubt.

I waxed it yesterday and looks great. Somthing about the hood thats messed up though theres alot of water marks. ....hmmmm anger. O well its still sick. Any suggestions on getting those out. Its also kinda ruff too. keep in mind only on the hood.

Help.

Btw

Sports package with vaders and hi fy system
[snapback]291565[/snapback]
Well i'm glad you made your decision. post some pics. as for getting out the water marks and the roughness...i would say get the hood only repainted if you wanna do it right. I am gonna hafta get mine redone. I found some scratches on the body that go away with wax but i would still rather see them gone for good uknow. I keep er garaged and drive my A4 for daily so a new coat will last for a long while i think. Anyhoo post some pics and welcome to the wonderful world of the E36.

Chant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)