My Battery Is Draining... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 95 Dakar Yellow M3, 00 1.8T VW GTI
Photos:
PrInG has a spectacular aura aboutPrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
Angry My Battery Is Draining...

SO... When I got my car it just had a new battery put in it. When I tried to start it to unload it from the trailer it wouldn't start after a 6 and a half hour drive. Anyone know of any misterious power drainers that I could check.? I'd really be upset if this M3 comes home tommorow and I can't do anything wit hit because I have to charge the battery every time I drive it. any help would be great. Thanks

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
PrInG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
For Teh Walrus?

Car: 1980 635csi euro
Photos:
WALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
Trunk light, grounded wires, bad alternator, could be a combination of a lot of things. Jeez man, one of these days you're going to catch a break . . . I hope

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
WALSRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
Try letting your car run on your driveway for like 20 mins, then try to start it, or drive it around the block for a while, it might just need to fully charge up. If its not charging properly and your battery really is new, and hasnt been sitting from whereever you got it for like 2 years, check grounds before you buy an alternator. Luckily alternators are pretty easy to install on e36's.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 95 Dakar Yellow M3, 00 1.8T VW GTI
Photos:
PrInG has a spectacular aura aboutPrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
Thanks guys I just felt it weird. I did catch a small break believe it or not. My padre went to the title office yesterday to try and title the car because3 we hadn't been able to make cotinuity with the ownership. So we are titling it as an Assembled Vehicle.. thank god it is almost over.. I'm calling the body man up today. I suppose I'll end up driving it illegally to graduation hahaha.

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
PrInG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)