M5 Gps - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
matty lah is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
greetings, fellow m power heads, am a very proud owner of a 2000 m5 which i can't really afford (obviously!) and although it is without a doubt the best car EVER, my gps system thinks that the car can float, and has me positioned approx 1000 meters from the coast, i live in france and don't want to let the dodgy froggy dealer have the car for three days, have tried re-booting etc , so anybody out there had the same kind of trouble..... please help...... I'M LOST !!! ( well, i don't know where i am !!!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
wax
2nd Gear Member

wax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wax
hmmmmm.... the only solution i can think off is take it into the dealer to get the firmware updated. I kno ur paranoid about the dealer but like its prob the best way, evn if they r wankers. btw the way where do u live in france.... i spend quite a bit of time in provence and san trope.... well hope that helps a bit.... OOO u could also (uvr prob already tried this) but removing to dvd from the navi and then putting it back in... did that with my range rover hse and it worked great afterwards.
btw

'05 Porsche 997 Carrera S
'03 Range Rover HSE
E39 540i...coming soon
#3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Welcome!

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
n00b

Bret is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear of your GPS problem. I too have an M5 (01) which I can't really afford.

Can't be of much help, but wanted to say hello to a fellow M5 owner. There doesn't seem to be many of us on this forum.

While I've had several odd problems, I haven't heard of this one before. I concerned that once my car is off the CPO warranty I'll have to sell it because of the repair costs over and above normal maintance costs.

I recently developed a clunking sound when going over certian bumps, primarily expansion joints over bridges. The local dealer found the problem to be a drive shaft bearing. Although it was covered under warranty, it was a $1,700.00 repair.

Both sideview mirrors had to be replaced as the electric motors in them went bad, supposedly a fairly common thing. The interior fan motor in the dash had to be replaced as something went wrong and it became very noisy. Over $2,000 for these two repairs. They again were warranty items, but what would I do if the warranty was up?

I'm considering trading in the '01' M5 for a '06' Caddy CTS-V with the 440hp supercharged nothstar motor in order to stay in a car of this performance caliber and get a new car warranty.

Good luck with your problem.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 04:54 AM
n00b

matty lah is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by wax@Jan 11 2005, 07:41 PM
hmmmmm.... the only solution i can think off is take it into the dealer to get the firmware updated. I kno ur paranoid about the dealer but like its prob the best way, evn if they r wankers. btw the way where do u live in france.... i spend quite a bit of time in provence and san trope.... well hope that helps a bit.... OOO u could also (uvr prob already tried this) but removing to dvd from the navi and then putting it back in... did that with my range rover hse and it worked great afterwards.
btw
[snapback]268901[/snapback]
cheers, am not usually noid bout dealers, just that this one insists on having the car for three days.... if i am going to get stung then i prefer to have it done in a language i can understand, anyway found a small local garage who assures me that the system can be re-booted by disc ... which obviously (he is french) will take a couple of weeks to arrive.... c'est la vie, will let you know how i get on. am currently living in the Nice area, speed cameras popping up everywhere ....BE WARNED !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)