BMW Werkz banner

M3 Price Quote

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  dennisjai 
#1 ·
My dad went into Rallye BMW here in NY and got a quote for me, but it's not with all the options I want.

Brand New Order for Germany Production:
White on Red Coupe
SMG
Prem. Pkg.
Heated Seats
Harmon Kardon
Xenon
Gas Guzzler
$695 Destination Charge

Final Price: $56.670
36 Month Lease with 10,000 Miles Per Year
$0 Down = $935.21
$2666.74 Down = $846.58

I know its pricey, do you think I could bargain it down, cause it's being ordered, not from a showroom, and I want to add navigation and put 5000 down and maybe make the lease 39 months instead of 36.

#3 ·
39 month... I don't think they'd give it you. Either 36 or 48.

It is not likely you'll get any discount because it's being ordered. You'd be more likely to get a discount if there is a model sat unsold in a showroom and the dealer is keen to get rid of it.

As far as THAT lease deal goes, it is pretty good. They obviously give you a resale value after 3 years of $34k which is over 60% (the reality is just over 50%)

Go and visit Mr Bank-manager and see what rates he'd give you on a loan rather than leasing on finance.

#5 ·
Buying is out of the question, this is my first car, I'm a high school student. They have a lot of white on black coupes in the showroom, but none of them have navigation and smg combo, let alone navigation. Any other ideas??? Would it be possible for the dealer to change the interior color, cause I am obsessed with getting red.

#7 ·
My friend, if you had a chance to get an E46 M3 in high school, don't even begin to try and pursuade me that you wouldn't take it :naughty

#9 ·
If you take a loan out on the car for 2 or 3 years then you will be essentially, leasing it from yourself.

After paying off the loan for a couple of years you can then sell the car and pay off the balance of the car.

#10 ·
My dad went into Rallye BMW here in NY and got a quote for me, but it's not with all the options I want.
Man, you should just be happy getting a brand new M3. Are you making the lease payments or is your daddy? I think he should be the one asking if a quote is good or not because the payments are coming out of his pocket, ultimately. Sounds like to me you're just showing off without a real legitimate concern outside of "not getting all the options YOU want." :nono :nono :nono

#11 ·
Showing off, you seem to have been a member here for a short time, so you do not know the history behind this story. I don't post things bashing you, instead I say congrats on your M3, instead, I have to hear some jelous bullshit that I don't deserve a nice car cause i'm a high school student. If you want to know why I am getting this car, go ask PowerM, cause he's apparently one of the few people who have supported and helped me make choices with getting my car since I first posted in the forums.

#12 ·
Originally posted by M3Rider@Jul 30 2004, 12:16 AM
My friend, if you had a chance to get an E46 M3 in high school, don't even begin to try and pursuade me that you wouldn't take it :naughty
The kid has a point, gentlemen. I would be all over it and you would too.

'Rider,

Can the dealer not locate an in-stock specimen with your specs anywhere - or at least close to it?

I can't say that I agree with giving such a powerful car to a highschool kid, but I am not your father. Just be damn careful and get yourself to a driving school if there is any way you can (and I don't mean driver's ed.).

Be safe, and congratulations.

#13 ·

'Rider,

Can the dealer not locate an in-stock specimen with your specs anywhere - or at least close to it?

I can't say that I agree with giving such a powerful car to a highschool kid, but I am not your father. Just be damn careful and get yourself to a driving school if there is any way you can (and I don't mean driver's ed.).

This qualifies as acceptable post. He states his OPINION IN AN ORDERLY MANNER and and tops it all off with a nice little congratulations.

Many people agree with you, that a car this powerful is too dangerous in the hands of a teenager, and I agree with you it is. When I first get the car, I will be tempted to floor it, but I know about the break-in-period, which is a good thing, cause I will know that I must drive it with ease at first. As for the dealer, he's currently searching for a White on Red M3, but I doubt he'll find it. He said he has a few White on Blacks, but none of them have SMG AND Navigation, which I must have. By the way, is the Harmon Kardon Upgrade really all that good and would you keep the spoiler on a White Coupe????

#14 ·
Originally posted by M3Rider@Jul 30 2004, 06:31 PM

'Rider,

This qualifies as acceptable post. He states his OPINION IN AN ORDERLY MANNER and say a nice little congragulations to top it all off.

Many people agree with you, that a car this powerful is too dangerous in the hands of a teenager, and I agree with you it is. When I first get the car, I will be tempted to floor it, but I know about the break-in-period, which is a good thing, cause I will know that I must drive it with ease at first. As for the dealer, he's currently searching for a White on Red M3, but I doubt he'll find it. He said he has a few White on Blacks, but none of them have SMG AND Navigation, which I must have. By the way, is the Harmon Kardon Upgrade really all that good??
Believe me, I could have really gotten off on a good rant here but it is nothing you haven't heard before and will surely hear again. What I say will not change your mind and it would serve no purpose other than to piss you off. You are going to do what you are going to do. You sound like a bright kid, so please don't end up as a greasy spot on the road somewhere.

As for the HK upgrade - no, it is not worth it for anyone who appreciates quality audio. I ordered it in my wife's 330i and found it to be only marginally better than the stock setup. You would be much better off going with the standard factory setup and upgrading with aftermarket gear if you want quality audio. The HK option is a nightmare to deal with if you decide to go aftermarket later.

EDIT: I like the spoiler. It is understated and well done, IMO. I'd hit it.

#15 ·
Thx for the info B)

#16 ·
Sorry if you saw my post as unacceptable...I see this forum as more of a resource to help each other:

...do you think I could bargain it down...
is the only real question you ask, because your statement:

maybe make the lease 39 months instead of 36.
makes no sense. Since you decided to broadcast yourself as a highschool kid getting a car for the first time, I couldn't help but *speak* my mind. Unless you are going to be the one signing the lease and spending your own money for the down, our opinions don't help YOU. See how I interpreted this as pretentiousness?

You're right in the fact that jealousy does play into my reaction somewhat. I'm 29 and worked my ass off to get my 2004 M3. Even then, I consider myself fortunate and lucky to be able to own a car like that before the age of 30.

For the sake of freedom of speech, I did not and will not question what's acceptable in this forum or not. You shouldn't either.

Gee...I guess 4 years at Berkeley taught me SOMETHING at least.

Congratulations on your car. Alpine White is a nice clean color. :clap2

#17 ·
Thank you, and yes I will be putting the down payment

#18 ·
hehehe... a $900 a month car payment and a $500 insurance payment...OUCH!!!

Im assuming the reason why you are trying bargain down is so that you can add options (like the nav system.) (Pops capped the monthly payment?) Why don't you try subtracting elsewhere, like the premium audio to ofset the extra $$$ a month for the Nav system.

I haven't heard the Premium sound in the new M3, but generally speaking you'll get better bang for the buck going aftermarket.... which of course can be added later when you save up more loot.... just make sure anything you do, can be undo since it is a leaser.

The general suggestion that you should consider a lesser model for you first car is also very sound advice...... The heavy foot syndrome will occur, and your first accident is envitable.... put the 2 together and all those ponies, could be a very dangerous mix.

Good luck,
NL

#19 ·
congrats on getting the car! the bmw m3 is my dream car.. that is why i want to learn all about it.. maybe you can give me a first hand experience of the SMG as i am still lost a bit on it hahahah just questions that i would understand better if i get a answer right away instead of delaying off my AIM sn is dennisjai if ur willing to help me =D

and advice is you should watch the chicks alot of them are going to try to get free rides =] trust meh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.