m3 Price - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bmwowner102 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi,
I'm looking at a used '97 M3 with 76,000 miles on it. It's being sold for about 17,000. I understand M3's are expensive (I think the MSRP is 39,000). Since there is a big difference does that mean this car must have been in an accident? I've seen a few other M3's around that price and mileage, but I always thought even a used M3 would be in the $20,000 range.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 04:39 PM
n00b

bi///mmer is an unknown quantity at this point
looks about right, e-mail me if you want me to run the VIN

johnsonbrandonj at hotmail.com

Brandon
#3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 04:52 PM
5th Gear Member

KingScare is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to KingScare
Our M3 cost 37 500$ (can). 98 with 47 000 km...

Get the car checked out by your mechanic. He should be able to tell if work has been done.

Who's selling it to you? I wouldn't buy a car from some people...just cuz..you get that weird feeling... . On the flip side, I wouldn't SELL my car to certain people. 4 years ago, trying to sell my army green and tan interior 89 jeep YJ .I had this one fool, who had driven up in a civic coupe (i forget the year, the 2 door, non-hatchback one), take a ride. He hops in and struggles a lil with the clutch, no big deal it was a lil sensitive(which I had warned him about...). Then later in a 30 zone he starts to kill it ... reving at a lil over 5.5rpms in first(keep in mind this is an OLD jeep, i forget the exact mileage..) I told him...

"Hey...slow down you didn't buy it yet. Turn right here."

On the ride back, I told him I wanted 7000$ for it. Which is a total rip-off, You could barely make 5000$ off that. Some work had to be done, wasn't to practical. But it was still a dope ride.

Sold it to some other kid who actually came back a few months after the sale to show me what he had done...it was nice..he had a tight stereo in it. and added a tan strip on the car's side. Painted the rims gold! lol that was actually not bad.

Make sure the car comes with records...and a booklet...if those are missing... the guy might be making a face like that.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:58 PM
n00b

bmwowner102 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks bi///mmer and KingScare.

bi///mmer: Thanks for the offer! I'm actually going to use CarMax in the next few days, I hear its about $25 for unlimited vehicle checks.

KingScare: Thanks for the information also. I'll bring a mechanic then. I think it's a private seller, but that's all I know. It's hard to find cars on the internet, believe it or not. I'd like an M3 in black and in manual and under certain mileage, and I'm getting limited results
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)