Is an M3 a possible option? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 04:45 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
daveo_e30 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi, I'm turning tio the Forum because after hours of research I still can't find answers!!

I am looking to buy my first BMW and I have the M3 e30 in mind. I am trying to find out how practical it is to run an M3 in North Wales as a daily runner. I do about 22 miles a day and is it a problem driving a left hand drive car over here?

I am 22 years old and luckily my uncle co owns an insurance company so insurance wont be a problem!! However though I don't earn an awfull lot of money and I was wondering just how feasable owning an M3 is. For instance what kind of MPG can I expect. I have read 24 mpg and what kind of servicing costs can I expect? How much should you pay for a M3- I have read that you should pay 7k or more?

Other cars I have looked at are the 318iS but to me this seems nothing compared?

Please help and any comments would be gratefully recieved- I really don't have much information on M3's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 05:47 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMW Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMW Lover
yo i have an e30 318is its a great car man, it isnt as fast as the m3 but its sure capable if u wana make it that fast, get a 325is even those r dope...m3's r trick thoh...

^^I want this where I live.

"Drag racing a BMW is like going fishing with a hooker, it's fun but it's not what you got her for..." - M3DUDE

Manual - The transmission hated by moms/wives/girlfriends everywhere...

Member of the "I Owned my Bimmer when I was 17" Club
Member of the "10 Year Old" Club
Member of the "3 Pedal" Club
Member of the "3 Light" Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)