BMW Werkz banner

M3 Or Nsx

5K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  4evrwyntr 
#1 ·
which of the two do you guys think is better overall...especially in handling?...i know that the m3 is way faster...yet im still undecided ...wish i can get them both :confused

#2 ·
which year of the m3. i believe the nsx is faster than the E36 M3

#3 ·
Originally posted by sonny325i@Jan 20 2005, 12:57 AM
which of the two do you guys think is better overall...especially in handling?...i know that the m3 is way faster...yet im still undecided ...wish i can get them both :confused
[snapback]275419[/snapback]​
While I love the M3, I don't believe it's quite in the same class as the NSX. The NSX has been hailed as one of the most solid supercars ever made, and handles and drives so well that you could teach your kid to drive in it.

#5 ·
Oh man do I love the E36 m3...but the NSX will beat it...
It will beat it in the 1/4 it will beat it on the highway...the E36 will deffinetly keep close,just wont win.

Like i said my favorite car is the E36 m3...id take a cosmos black m3 with vaders and my personal mods over any e46 m3.

But ya NSX are fantastic...never ridden in one...but ive raced against them before...there buet's.

#6 ·
When its down to handeling... these are two different beasts... first off the M... which is a very versitile being by it self.... as for the NSX.. that thing was meant for performance... in todays standards.. the M3 (newer).. they are built around the driver.. and due to production needs and sales... they have also been catered to the lux... and visual candy market... A new M weights more than any other M ever produced in the sale class before it... as for the NSX... look at the thing.. I'm pretty sure they didnt give a rats ass about looks.. or eye candy.. yes it look decent.. but nothing that was consided in the making of the M3...

Good Luck because I wouldnt be able to choice... but if they were put infront of me.. both... for free.. I'd take the M for sure.. just cause its my life...

Les

#7 ·
It would have to be the NSX

#9 ·
the thing i dont understand about nsx is that why would you make a v6 supercar?? yea i can understand its light and everything, but if you have the chance, why not drop a bigger v8 to make it a serious supercar contender??
the thing you need to understand is that you need to choose what the car is there for. if its there for attraction? the nsx's are pretty rare, at least where i live, then go with an nsx, but if you want attraction and pride, go with a beemer cause they are just plain hot!! :)

#11 ·
Originally posted by ///M Dream@Jan 20 2005, 09:30 PM
the thing i dont understand about nsx is that why would you make a v6 supercar?? yea i can understand its light and everything, but if you have the chance, why not drop a bigger v8 to make it a serious supercar contender??
the thing you need to understand is that you need to choose what the car is there for. if its there for attraction? the nsx's are pretty rare, at least where i live, then go with an nsx, but if you want attraction and pride, go with a beemer cause they are just plain hot!! :)
[snapback]275847[/snapback]​

The 911 TT is a V6 and I would buy anyday even over the Ferrari Modena 360

#12 ·
Originally posted by Live_the_Curves+Jan 20 2005, 11:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Live_the_Curves @ Jan 20 2005, 11:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-///M Dream@Jan 20 2005, 09:30 PM
[snapback]275847[/snapback]​

The 911 TT is a V6 and I would buy anyday even over the Ferrari Modena 360
[snapback]275900[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

The 911 TT is a flat-six. :D

#16 ·
Originally posted by M BMW@Jan 21 2005, 09:59 PM
Hi. The M3 is cheaper and has more hp than the NSX. Plus the NSX is an Acura, the M3 is a BMW. The M3 has made a name for itself. :):)

Thanks.
BYE.
[snapback]276457[/snapback]​
Just to let you know Honda has a pretty decent Formula 1 team. They too are a great engine manufacturer. Also the NSX is handbuilt in Japan, and the roll-out (what I heard from the honda plant in Alliston) is 1 car a week.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Live_the_Curves+Jan 21 2005, 10:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Live_the_Curves @ Jan 21 2005, 10:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-M BMW@Jan 21 2005, 09:59 PM
Hi. The M3 is cheaper and has more hp than the NSX. Plus the NSX is an Acura, the M3 is a BMW. The M3 has made a name for itself. :):)

Thanks.
BYE.
[snapback]276457[/snapback]​
Just to let you know Honda has a pretty decent Formula 1 team. They too are a great engine manufacturer. Also the NSX is compelely handbuilt in Japan, and the roll-out (what I heard from the honda plant in Alliston) is 1 car a week.
[snapback]276483[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

#19 ·
The NSX are very nice, but if you want something that looks nice, has a backseat and a trunk go with the M3. NSX are just a sports car and a BMW is sports car that you can us as a daily diver. Where the hell are you going to put your golf clubs in a NSX(strap them to the roof?). I live out of my car and I need more room to put crap. I would take a M3 over a NSX. You do have to realize that you are on the M3 forum, so we are bias. :wave

#21 ·
The NSX is a more performance car, it has been developed whit the F1 Pilot Ayrton Senna to be a "super-car".
The NSX is very performance in straing line and in cornes, the lightwheig of the chassi is the more noticiable diference betew the M3.

I can do in the M3 things that i could not do in the NSX (like having 5 people in car), but the NSX is more sport and not luxury like BMW M3.

I think the car´s are made for diferent people.... the NSX for people that only whant performance and M3 for performance and luxury people.

#24 ·
Originally posted by dutchbmw@Feb 5 2005, 09:09 PM
The NSX has only 280 HP while the E36 M3 does have 321 horsies........ I'm sure which I'd choose :)
[snapback]286424[/snapback]​
Why allot of horspowers if you whit 280cv can do bether aceleration times ?

What you should see is the ration horsepower/wheigt .... that´s what makes your car be performance.
The NSX wheigts +-1200kg, the M3 E36 +-1460kg.

#25 ·
i own a 2004 smg m3 conv and i have owned a 1996 nsx-t tell you what guys the nsx handles allot better than the beemer the nsx is for the racer the beemer is more for the lux and room (trunk space) i gave up my nsx for a beemer but man have you driven thge wrx sti things are soo fast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.