BMW Werkz banner

M3 E36 Power Windows Problem

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DoTheDew 
#1 ·
hi

my m3 e36 version has the following problem.

the window should lift or lower as the door is opened or closed. this does not happen. in fact the window does not move at all when hitting the switch.

i can hear a clicking sound (from somewhere in the door panel) when i press the switch.

can i perhaps fix this myself. i have a basic understanding and am willing to save bucks to make this work. any advice??

thanks

#3 ·
Yes.. first step... go pop your hood... looking from front to rear... the top right of your engine bay.. is your forward fuse box directly infront of your firewall.... open it.. and look for the power window or something of that nature fuse... it is most likely blown... in fact... make sure anything that relates to your windows isnt blown too... that is the most likely fault.

Good Luck.. and I hope that helps ya,

Les

#4 ·
Originally posted by vijay@Dec 9 2004, 06:11 AM
hi

my m3 e36 version has the following problem.

the window should lift or lower as the door is opened or closed. this does not happen. in fact the window does not move at all when hitting the switch.

i can hear a clicking sound (from somewhere in the door panel) when i press the switch.

can i perhaps fix this myself. i have a basic understanding and am willing to save bucks to make this work. any advice??

thanks
[snapback]246370[/snapback]​

I'm guessing you have the convertible model? The window won't lower at all? If you hear your microswitch hitting(clicking)...you're probably ok with your fuses. That clicking is letting you know you're getting power to your window. Let me know exactly what it's doing.

juallhuce@gmail.com

#6 ·
Originally posted by SHAHAB323IS@Dec 12 2004, 10:01 AM
how come ur guessing he has a convertible model, i don't get it :confused , and also the windows are supposed to go up and down a little when u open and shut the door, i thought that was because mine was old lol
[snapback]248497[/snapback]​

Sorry about that...I meant to say two door. My bad. Anyway, the original poster hasnt emailed me yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.