M3 In Crisis-need some advice - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 03:22 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
l1ttlej7 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
M3 In Crisis-need some advice

What's up fellas?

New to the forum here and I need to post some pics of my car I guess so those will be coming soon. Here is my issue:

About a year ago a bought a 98 M3 Sedan that was in need of some work-good thing that I was up for it, however, it seems that my mechanic was not. I gave him a list of everything that I wanted in the car as well as some guidance about what I wanted. Bottom line is that this guy was over a month late in turning the car back (had about 13-14 months to complete), never gave me a written estimate, and the car is not even complete yet (possible misfire in 3 cylinder and the check engine light remains on). He also said he had ordered parts for the car but when I called Turner they never had a record of him placing the order so I had to handle all of that on my own. I never had a written agreement with about the work but we had sent numerous letters to him asking for written estimates and letting him know when the work needed to be completed by, all of which he failed to do. I'm thinking of taking him to small claims court to get the cost of the extra work that needed to be done on the car and the rental car fees that I had to pay because he was over a month late on the car, as well as the extra 4k he charged me after the other cash that I gave him. Do you guys think that I have any chance in hell on winning any of this? I have all the receipts and paperwork that I had for him and that I had told him to install-or am I going to take this one on the chin? Here's a list of everything that has been done:

-bored to 3.3L
-custom forged aluminum pistons and rods
-M50 intake manifold
-shorty headers from Turner
-schrink cams
-3.5" HFM with eurosport cold air intake
-custom cats
-H&R springs with Sachs struts (he was supposed to put in the pss9 coilovers)
-24lb fuel injectors
-Turnermotorsport pulley set
-shark injector tuning (thinking about a custom tune-thoughts?)

That's pretty much all the performance mods. Once it gets to a mechanic that I trust on Monday and he gets it running smooth I'll get it on a Dyno and was thinking about a custom tune-thoughts on that? Hopefully you've made it to the end of this long drawn out post and I appreciate the help guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)