At Long Last... - Page 23 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#331 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
A little updated video of what 460+ to the wheels - E60 ///M5 power in an E46 ///M3 cabriolet while keeping engine life and drivability thanks to DINAN. VERY glad I upgraded the headers to quality ones and installed the rear subframe reinforcement kit for longevity and peace of mind. Some minor cracks already needed welding before kit was installed. While crazy turbos etc can get my baby to 650-700hp, I prefer the DINAN ride quality true to a BMW and engine longevity. Now she needs a nice bath after a good workout....

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
5th Gear Member

jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
awesome
#333 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Golden slumbers this wintertime in her heated garage Artemis lurks...sleeping lightly....RAWR

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#334 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Hahaha nice!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#335 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Unexplained flat front left tire in the garage. No obvious damage and lost 10 lbs of psi in an hour and was totally flat overnight. I am frustrated too as the tire having been sitting flat for awhile now (hard to see when parked) it may be damaged and have to be replaced. My ultra high performance Vredstein tires are hard to get and expensive. I have them right by my house, just more $$$ and for no new reason. However , with great power comes
Great responsibility. Sigh.

In good news - my friend sold me a mint set of Beyern 5 spoke rims. They are lighter than mine and not bent. I was thinking of powder coating the centers black...leaving the fat lips shining chrome - maybe a white stripe on the outer edge?? Hmmm

And STILL need a replacement shift lever - crazy to spend OEM $$ but my girl gets the best.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#336 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Let me know how much you are looking at for the replacement tyre, I have a contact on the west coast that might be able to help you.

Riding in style
#337 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
They were able to get one for me in less than a day $260 USD installed. Not bad and great turnaround and service.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#338 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
SO - update time - here goes:

Got a new OEM shift knob - it actually helps hit the finer gears (and the new leather feels SOOO good!). Got my big Spring detail done - only to learn that during my rear sub frame reinforcement, it seems the shop failed to put the rear suspension nuts (BOTH OF THEM!) on! It was extremely fortunate my detailer picked this up and was able to replace both before any damage was incurred. Crazy close call.

Now the latest issue is the gauge cluster is having issues. The power level indicator light, coolant temp, oil temp and best of all - TACHOMETER are not working. The car, even at idle, shows zero RPM when the car is running. Since the alternator and fuses check out - we are on to plan B in determining what caused this.

Once fixed, it will be off to a dyno and custom tune. I want to get a flash loader so I can dial in the DINAN tune, custom tune and other maps to also have an option for pump gas and "standard" tune for city traffic driving, etc. Updates as things become clearer.

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#339 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 01:24 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Finally taking the M3 into the dealer for the damned gauge/electrical issue as this is clearly a dealer type issue and was carefully checked for anything else (like an alternator belt/etc or a fuse) and all else was just fine. Once in a while a regular old BMW problem comes up. Should have a better idea by next week. Sigh. I miss driving her - spent a lot of time in the truck but it's not close to my M3 or my old standby Z3 Roadster.

Stay tuned - plenty of time left for FUN!

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#340 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 02:09 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
So - needed a new gauge cluster - dealer soaked me on the part and labor but no real choice. At least baby is BACK for a rocking' Fall. Unreal to drive her again after being away awhile....still want that custom tune to have 100 octane DINAN race tune and be able to dial back to 93 with a flash-loader...missed her so...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#341 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
It is with a sick and heavy heart that I announce the premature DEATHS of the following pillars of Teh Werkz in Hurricane "Superstorm" Sandy on Monday, 10/29/2012. They died peacefully in their own garage as they slept from saltwater inhalation. All high end organs unaffected will be auctioned for their commemorative foundation.

DIED: Z3 Roadster, "The Roadster" b. 11/01 died 10/29/12 of saltwater sepsis. Supercharged, Brembos, coilovers and Remus exhaust, she pushed her 2.5L engine to the limit. Her heart was pure gold - the last of her model year, she often pressed and passed far more expensive and unsuspecting cars.

DIED: E46 ///M3 cabriolet - DINAN S3-R with Stage 4 DINAN race kit. Like her kid sister with twice the power - this beastial onyx diamond was one of 3 such cars in the world. Her battle cry still rings in many tunnels and many hearts. From her 20" wheels to her red calipers, "Artemis" the goddess of the hunt lived for the open road. b. 11/04 DIED 10/29/12 of saltwater sepsis.

Their next of kin, RoadsterMadness has been in seclusion with his other family members. Those interested in prime organs unaffected by this tragedy may contact RM at this address. Plans are being made to introduce their cousin, "Athena" to the Werkz and the World in this space after an acceptable period of mourning. Athena is rumored to be a V-10 Eisenmann race equipped late model E60 ///M5. Many thanks for your years of love and support my friends. Love to all - RM

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#342 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
Noooooooo, say its isn't so. Not now, not after all this work and care.

I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Riding in style
#343 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I just can't find words... All I can think of is how things move on from this. If there is any way they can be salvaged... Is it just wishful thinking?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#344 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Saltwater KILLS...don't do saltwater....I don't know what else to say but that it must have been their time...it seemed WAAAY too early but once saltwater poisoned them...the M3 started and then SEAWATER shot out of her exhaust! I stood there in shock as they drive her up onto the flatbed for the last time....The Roadster was so bad the seats were soaked thru with brine. She had no power and was destroyed. The appraiser had to call me for the mileage - 25,500...sniff. He graded both cars as "Dealer Retail" condition. The carrier let me take off all the salvageable parts that were not insured (Superchargers, M3 custom front lip, hard top was safe on her rack up higher, CSL carbon fiber trunk lid (had to dig out the stock one and replace). Brembos got drenched in the water and were too much trouble.

Guys - the only good news is that I move into a top of the world E60 M5 - with all the extras done by my same close friend who owned the M3 before me, more room for my son, and back into a dealer warranty. Even if the M3 were saved for now - the would be a WORLD of expensive problems in the next few months as the saltwater wrought havoc. As miserable as this is - its the only humane way to go. I've even driven the new car before and it is (obviously) INSANE. Not my choice - had NO IDEA 2 weeks ago this was possible - flooding in MY HOUSE AND GARAGE??!? GTFO! Sadness... I WILL MOVE FORWARD TO RIDE AGAIN (maybe a new thread??!) SIGH

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#345 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
New ride is indeed an E60 ///M5!!! She's INSANE! Just unreal options and performance and I still have my 6 speed manual...! Pics and a new thread soon...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)