A little guidance - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 11:56 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
E36pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
OK guys I have just migrated from the world of Darton sleeves, T3/T4 turbos, Wilwood big brakes kits etc. That's right bacon moved over to sizzline, or shall I say from Acura (honda) to Euro. I now as of last week am the VERY proud and excited owner of my first European car and fortunate enuff to have it be an M3. A 98 to be exact with 60K miles, new tires, brakes and a warranty good for another 16 months or 25K miles (85K). The auto came with a moonroof, power seats, heated seats, disc changer basically EVERY option aside from the rear spoiler...which I will have to add. Anyhow I dropped 22 grand for it, so I hope I didn't give to much. I have always dreamed of driving this machine and now I own it.....awesome. I have owned many a vehicle thus far and intend on representin, for the M has yet to lose :P latest victim Audi TT.....he started it!!!!!!!!!! Really I want to know what you folks think of these ideas. I planned on smoking the glass 35%, CAI, exhaust, as well as the chip mod. Now since I am a newbie all I can do is read and learn so EDUCATE ME! I hear that there is a "sizzle" sound created by the Dinan chips....any thoughts? Also maybe a poll or opinions on preferred CAI's. I will also do the headlight conversion as well. I would more than love to boost this baby as the Kompressor is by far the most effective way to generate horsepower, after all it is power created as a result of a bi- product however the cost to boost these rides seems damn near INSANE! On the other hand how in the hell would a turbo spool up since the rev limits seem so low. Detonation seems like it might be an issue too, I guess I would be willing to drop 2 or 3 grand to mod, but that's it. From what I gathered no turbo for that. So unless someone has like the Walmart special on a kit the "bolt on" stuff has to be my option. Thanks to all in advance! CYA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 08:22 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
BTW, does anyone know what the stock compression is? Maybe a link with the specs of the internals perhaps? Thanks again!
#3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:10 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
here ya go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S52_copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	3416  

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:32 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Welcome E36pilot and congrats on the M3!

did you say the car was an automatic?
#5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:34 PM

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
welcome also

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:01 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
No it's a 5 speed, silver with all black interior. Honestly I would have gone with black with the magma interior (brown). I grabbed this because the cat who had it placed new brakes and tires all around as well as the warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)