BMW Werkz banner

K&N Filters

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  smurray316 
#1 ·
Do high flow air filters like K&N's make much of a difference on computer controlled engines? Or does the computer compensate for the increased airflow and restrict the flow to make it what the computer thinks it should be?

I've always wondered this.

#2 ·
The power gains aren't significant but you might notice a slightly sharper throttle response.... (and a fair bit of extra noise)

K&N are good quality, well priced bits of kit but have a look around as there are lots of styles available. (preferably one with a heat shield)

#3 ·
Are you talking about cone or drop in K&N filters? The drop ins may or may not produce any major HP gains. The cone filters if extended to just behind the grill can get you, perhaps, another 3 to 5 HP, the trick is to get the filter out of the engine compartment and away from all of that heat.

#4 ·
I assumed 'high flow' was refering to an induction kit.

#6 ·
I had the AEM V2 cold air intake on my Honda Civic, yes a civic, but it did give more hp than most people say, 15 on the dyno and a car that beat me the first race lost after I got the intake. Im not 100% sure but I think AEM uses K&N filters. I was glad I spent the $300 dollars on the intake juss to kno I had the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.