BMW Werkz banner

Jack Stand

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  goochdy 
#1 ·
My first question. I purchased my first BMW this spring, a 2004 M3. My question is,
"Where to place the jackstand?" After jacking up the car at the jacking point, where is the jack stand placed? This applies to front and rear. :wrench

#3 ·
yes, atleast on the e36, and i believe the e46 theres small little pads to place the jacks on under the side skirts. jacked my car up to change the oil this weekend and found those, tehehe

#6 ·
Originally posted by goochdy@Nov 8 2004, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info but, I just don't see this pad. Again, I have a '04 M3.

Gooch
[snapback]227056[/snapback]​
Yeah, I don't have those pads either. There's something near the center of the car by the oil drain plug but I'm not sure if that's a jacking points. I use the rhino ramps ($20) that you can get at any auto parts store. They work especially well on our cars because they are very "low vehicle friendly". I realize this option won't work if you're removing a wheel so, what are you looking to do? If you just need to get under the car or are doing an oil change, I highly recommend the rhino ramps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.