How Fanatical Are You About Your ///m??? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Chant is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, got a question. I was waxing my M3 and the thought occured to me. I wonder if i am the only one that goes to the lengths that i do to keep my M3 looking like it just came off the showroom floor. So i will tell ya'll what i do and would like to hear about any other tricks that you guys might have as well. Your thoughts would be kewl as well.

ok,
1st comes the wash. I will take my M3 to the local wash it yourself if for no other reason than to watch all the ricers look at her as i drive through LOL i know it is bad but so much fun.
ok i wash the car with the power washer and once the soap is applied i use a mitt to hand wash. I never use that lame brush as it leaves scratches and swirls. i hand wash the rims and tires as well. once washed and rinsed i then dry her off with a chamoise cloth. next stop home. once i get home i detail the inside. Vacuum and get all the dirt out of the cracks with a detailer's brush kit. i then do the dash and other non-leather areas with Meguiar's vinyl and rubber protectant(natural shine). I follow this up with cleaning the leather using Meguiar's leather cleaner. this is followed by Meguiar's leather conditioner. Ok the inside is now complete. On to the fun stuff. Waxing. I love that showroom, bright, deep shine so i wax in 3 stages.

Stage 1. Meguiar's Scratch X - this gets rid of any swirl patterns or scratches in the paint.

Stage 2 Mothers Carnauba wax for that deep shine and protection

Stage 3 Meguiar's Gold classic Clear Coat Protectant Wax for the UV protection and ultra shine

Finally in between waxes for touch ups and quick shines i use Meguiar's Quick detailers spray on wax. just spray it on and wipe it off and you got your showroom shine again.

So that is my routine. Granted it takes a day or so if you are taking your time. Mine is garaged most of the time so i do it in stages.

What do you think???? too much???? :lol:

Chant
Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Don't have an ///M, but cars like these are easy to get fantical about. One of my favorite things to do is to detail my sled. It's funny, but it's one of the few labor intensive tasks that I can spend four hours doing, and smile the whole time.

BTW, this should probably be moved to the wash and detail section. No big deal Chant, but this section is designated for technical Q&A. Love those wheels.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
im not really a true M and ive only driven on the M engine for 2 days but im crazy about my car, so crazy infact...................im the admin of this forum bases soley on BMW's!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DoTheDew is an unknown quantity at this point
I do the same sometimes even go to more extents to get it clean. If Im in the Mod 1 Day for the inside and 1 full day for the Outside.
DoTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Chant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by jllphan@Feb 16 2005, 12:46 AM
Don't have an ///M, but cars like these are easy to get fantical about. One of my favorite things to do is to detail my sled. It's funny, but it's one of the few labor intensive tasks that I can spend four hours doing, and smile the whole time.

BTW, this should probably be moved to the wash and detail section. No big deal Chant, but this section is designated for technical Q&A. Love those wheels.
[snapback]292745[/snapback]

Sorry bout putting this in the wrong section. Is there a way to move it? I would be happy to do so. a sled huh? that is kewl. Never owned one, how fast have you gotten er up to? :P
Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
POWER///M is an unknown quantity at this point
Car looks great!!! Nice work on detailing your car. You can also buy this clay that will take off every little thing stuck on your car that washing won't take off. Spray on wax is ok but I feel I get a better result with wax you apply on your self. You can also get a revolving waxer to do the jod a lot faster. Taking off the rims every once ina while and cleaning them is a good thing to do. It really gets your wheels to look good.
POWER///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)