BMW Werkz banner

Greetings from the past...dumb question.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...long time no see.

Some of you hardcores might remember me...if not...that's fine.

Dumb question (right where i left off ;P)

M3s often have stagered wheels. (big in the back, smaller in the front)...

What if some absent minded person :confused: placed the correct tire set up on the driver side and the incorrect set up on the passenger side?

The car would be driven for about 2 weeks like this. No huge distances and nothing above 70 mph.

I've been told some axle damage could happen. Assuming the larger wheel does not rub the fender or anything like that...

Should this be a real concern for the car?

thank you

#4 ·
id check the differential out for sure, two differnt size tires on the back will create a negative effect on the diff. thats why they say if you get a flat in the back that you should always (instead of using a donut) put a front tire on the back (for non-staggered cars) and put the donut on the front. that would be my main concern, also like stated above i would pop the rear tire off and check to make sure that the smaller tire didnt create any friction burns on anything , nor did the front tire chew the front wheel well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.