Floor Mats - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chrisgwd is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Floor Mats

I know this is a cosmetic, small thing, but it bugs me...

Anyone have a problem with the BMW floor mats that the velcro stay is attached to the foam backing which just shreads and becomes useless?

Anyone found a good solution?

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
It happened to mine. I guess new mats are the best answer.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
My M3 came with 4 sets of mats - 3 cloth embroidered withthe ///M3 logo, 1 heavy duty rubber winter or wet weather set. Wifey likes the cloth all year round but the rubber heavy duty ones hook onto little hooks in place of the Velcro stuff that, as has been said, rips. Look into those, or maybe some aftermarket mats?? For me, the most important thing was the rubber ones prevented the mat from getting bunched up under my pedals Good luck and let us know how they work out.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Last edited by RoadsterMadness; 03-10-2010 at 01:17 AM.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
n00b

chrisgwd is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
OK guys, for what it's worth, I think the two best answers from all of the forums are:

1. Use winter mats - they tend to not move around as much

2. Glue the velcro directly to the back of the mat (use Gorilla glue)

My mats are otherwise in good shape and I am in California, so I'll probably try 2.

I was hoping to learn something about after market mats. Which ones fit well, look good, stay put, and don't fall apart.

BavAuto has some of the more interesting aftermarkets...I know nothing about them otherwise.
BMW Parts and BMW Accessories | Bavarian Autosport

There are berber, coco, and plush in addition to the winter mats.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
I just have a pair of heavy duty channeled rubber mats, but then again i am in nebraska, where we get this stuff called snow lol.

i've had to dump the melted nuisance out of the mats 4 times this winter, but at least my carpets are clean and dry underneath them. i have a set of carpet mats in a box somewhere, if i ever decide to sell they'll get put it then so they are nice and pretty.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:02 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
The winter mats I have and referenced are OEM/BMW winter mats and have the plastic hooks that replace the Velcro on the floor and hook nicely thru the holes of the mats. I use it on the driver's side most of the year.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)