Final Stage Resistor - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
m3_ride is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Final Stage Resistor

My cabin fan stopped working the other day. (E46 M3) I thought it my have been a blown fuse, but I checked and those seem to be fine.

Most report variable fan speeds or limited fan speeds and their problems are solved when they replace the final stage resistor. From my search I haven't read of many with fans that stop completely. Zero fan speed regardless of setting. (Just a side note: When my climate control unit is on and driving on the freeway, I can feel a breeze flow through the vents even though the fan doesn't work. If I then press the A/C button, the breeze stops. I've tried the same on city streets, but I need more speed to push air into the cabin. Is that helpful at all for the diagnosis?)

Does the final stage resistor sound like my problem? Any others with this problem or experience replacing the final stage resistor? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
One thread please; I'm sure someone will post some ideas soon, good luck with it.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)