exhausting the exhaust choices - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Trevize will become famous soon enoughTrevize will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trevize
exhausting the exhaust choices

I'm trying to choose the "right" exhaust for my E39 M5

A local tuner is recomending B&B.

From their web page it is difficult to determine much about their system on an E39 M5. Their specs all list a Dyno from a 1995 M3 and the photo is a E46 M3.

Also I notice these systems have 1 muffler for each side with 2 tips coming out. The stock system is 4 mufflers with 1 tip from each. Seems the stock would have better air flow? Or no? Also I have heard doing a X pipe is a good idea.

The other thing I'm looking to do at the same time as exhaust is doing the PowerChip. Gold probably. While I can find 93oct it's not available enough to rely on in my area. 91/92oct is everywhere. Any thoughts and opinions are most welcome!

Oh and for point of reference... my driving style is mostly summer time, weekends highway trips and BMW CCA/SCCA events 3-4 times a year.
Trevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Honestly I dont know much about the e39 M5. I can recommend you one site with everythign you need for the e39 M5. This is a site dedicated primarily to the advancement of the e39 M5. www.beastpower.com

They should have most all mods and exhausts for your car. Give them a trya dn tell me what you think about the site and it's selection. I really would liek to know what e39 m5 owners think about that site.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1997 Infiniti I30
Photos:
KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
If UUC makes an M5 exhaust I'd go that way. I don't know if they do or not b/c I've mostly looked at the UUC/Corsa's which I believe are only made for 3 series.....
KSE36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1997 Infiniti I30
Photos:
KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
I'll clarify that I don't have a BMW...I just like dreaming about my future car haha (planning on a '98 or '99 M3...but that's about 3 years down the road....) At least that's my plan. I've just heard a few things about the UUC's and listened to some sound clips. My friend who works at the local BMW dealer also was there when one of the mechanics installed his UUC/Corsa on his 1998 M3...I guess it sounded awesome. Nice low growl, not much (if any) un necessary resonance.
KSE36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
jlevi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jlevi
If you have the budget, we suggest Eisenhaus or Active AutoWerke, but B&B is decent too.
JL
jlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)