E92 Growing On Me..... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rated M is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
E92 Growing On Me.....

Now we all know once a new body/model is introduced into our beloved line of M's there is always going to be a line of skeptics and critics. I will be the first one to say I was one of them. When the new E92 first came out I didn't like it one bit compared to my old E46. The body lines to me seemed to curvish and feminine. The quad exhaust was spaced out too close on the back bumper. No led lights on the tail lights made it resemble a 335i too much, and the list goes on and on in my mind. But after being around one in person, the E92 has grown on me significantly and I would possibly consider getting one in the future. Anyone has had this happen to them, I am being completely honest here lol....

FUTURE PROJECT 335i upgraded turbos/E90 M3 Dinan Stroker kit
2008 C350
2005 S3R M3 SOLD
2003 G35 TURBO SOLD
2001 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
I liked the M3 from the get go but I know what you mean when you say a car grows on you over time.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Agree to some degree. I liked some of the new M3 right away (especially the front, hood, wheels) but disliked the spacing ofthe exhaust too, the tiny ///M3 emblem on the trunk, etc. I was trying to buy one of the first verts - the hard top I always dreamed of - even had a deposit down, but other things took precedence - but it all worked itself out..

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
To me the older style does have an more agressive stance, but I guess the more you immerse yourself with a new design, the more familiar it becomes.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 AM
n00b

Dukekid68 is on a distinguished road
coupe M3 is the only one that looks good...standard coupe looks numb (think 996 Porsche)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)