E39 BMW M5,2000 UK Model - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 01:09 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mike is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
E39 BMW M5,2000 UK Model

Gentlemen,

Please help me with a current problem i have with my BEAST,it's got full main dealer service history with 95,000 miles on the clock. On cold engine start ups below 16*c ambient temp it's a dream no rattle no nothing, but after a hot start she rattles from the top end for about 3 seconds, to me it sounds like cam/tappets, as the oil pressure warning like goes out instantly i can discount crank problems( i hope). My last inspection 2 cost 400 from a BMW specialist, 100 of that cost was oil SAE BMW w10/60, what experience do you have of the best oil grade to use.

Last edited by mike; 09-10-2005 at 01:12 PM.
mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 12:57 PM
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mike is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
E39 BMW M5 UK Model

Many thanks,

To all the people who read the previous thread, not one reply, obviously 90% of the readers are pure BMW M Power car dreamers/tyre kicker's, and the other 10% dont seem to be interested in helping in the technical area, unless you want to modify your car to look like a pimp mobile and attract the attention of the local police, but i dont care, if you are a real M owner then this is of interest in terms of oil recomendations, as recomended by castrol, and yes i have tested it for thr last 5 day's,and it is superb.0/30 is the only oil to use from 2000 models onwards, and is endorsed by BMW.

E39 M5 up to 99 use reccomend 10/60W
E39 M5 2000 > 2004 reccomend 0/30W

Happy motoring, to real M car owners, happy reading to dreamers,tyre kickers,and boy racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Junk Yards List USA SpeedInfusion Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk 19 09-12-2008 08:09 AM
318i 2000 model - no access to BMW service noddy1 3-Series (E46, E90) 0 09-19-2005 02:12 AM
98 BMW e39 oil filters for sale!!!! chgolatin2 OEM Parts 0 09-18-2005 12:03 PM
what bmw model year is the most reliable and least problematic for the e30? trumer 3-Series (E21, E30) 4 09-14-2005 07:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome