E36 325i -> M3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
kingsiang is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys im new here, i have been seeking for help for sometime already and havnt found an answer to it PLEASE HELP!!!!

1) I have a 1994 e36 325i 4dr automatic . and not long ago my friend fried my automatic transmission. It will engage into reverse and will go on reverse but wont drive front. and the traction control light and abs light is on, i dont know what he did with the car. how can i sold the traction control light and abs light?

2nd) I bought an 1995 m3 engine with manual transmission that comes with the ecu harnes, clutch line etc, drive shaft, and rear differential. Will it fit right to my car?
i) 1st concern will it bolt right on? ive heard some ppl say the transmission mount wont be right? is that true? how can i solve it?
ii) 2nd concern the clutch pedals, mine only have 2 pedals cause its automatic how can i make 3 pedals?

Im down on my knees, please HELP!!!
THNAK YOU
kingsiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
AlpineWhiteE46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlpineWhiteE46
Sorry to break it to ya, but unless you're a skilled BMW mechanic, I wouldn't even attempt to do what it seems like you're trying to especially considering the types of questions you're asking. *Maybe* if you were mounting a transmission from and to the same car, it would be doable, but when you start mixing/matching parts you're asking for trouble if you're doing it on your own. How did your friend "fry" your trannie?
Old 10-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bad man working is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm A BMW tech
First the trans light, ABS etc will come on because of the gearbox fault its seeing the slip. It sounds like the “A” clutch in your auto box has burnt out possible caused by lack of oil, the gearbox will protect it self and what ever your friend did they wouldn’t damage a good box. Unless you really know what your doing get another box.
As for fitting the M3 bit well I could do it, the body shell for the cars are the same and your shell will have the blanks to take the clutch pedal which I hope you got with the rest for the bits, but this is a lot of work and don’t forget the M3 has up rated suspension brake etc your looking at a lot of hoses power so be carefully!!!!!!!!
bad man working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
/Banned

Car:
Photos:
xsperf is an unknown quantity at this point
im not contradicting u or anything, but:

the CLUTCH in ur auto box?
does this mean:
Clutch in ur automatic tranny?

i thought automatic transmissions dont have clutches, torque converters is what they have
xsperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
kingsiang is an unknown quantity at this point
to AlpineWhiteE46 - well ive seen many people done that, i just want to make sure it will be bolt on mod, and doesnt require any tough job with fabrications to my car. Well my friend burnt my gear box, because when i got home the drive wont work properly but the reverse is fine, then i changed the transmission oil, all the oil were burnt badly, changed it (but didnt fix the problem) - also took it to bmw dealer for check up charged me 100 dollars to tell me whats wrong, told me to change gear box that cost 4000 only for rebuilt gearbox alone excluding labor.

to bad man working - what you said was right there was insufficient oil in the gear box i suppose, but it did burn the gear box and there was terrible gear slip. So you are saying its ok that i fit a 1995 e36 m3 engine with manual transmission into a 1994 e36 325i automatic without any fabrications? just a bolt on sort of thing? Well i will take care of those other stuffs later like the suspension and the brakes. THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!! btw how much would someone charge in doing such a swap?

to xsperf - im not too sure what its called.
kingsiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)