Door Won't Lock - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ian3 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Door Won't Lock

Hey everyone,

Ever since I bought this 1998 e36 m3 a couple of months ago, it has been having some minor problems one of which I don't understand. Everytime I get into the car and shut the door, the light stays on as if the door is not shut all the way or unlocked. The window will also freak out and slightly go up and down randomly while on the road. I think it may be as a result of the door because when you open the door the window is made to go down slightly and back up slightly when you shut it. Because of this the BMW factory alarm will not lock the car because it thinks that the door is open. This only happens at random times though. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Ian

///M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian3 View Post
Hey everyone,

Ever since I bought this 1998 e36 m3 a couple of months ago, it has been having some minor problems one of which I don't understand. Everytime I get into the car and shut the door, the light stays on as if the door is not shut all the way or unlocked. The window will also freak out and slightly go up and down randomly while on the road. I think it may be as a result of the door because when you open the door the window is made to go down slightly and back up slightly when you shut it. Because of this the BMW factory alarm will not lock the car because it thinks that the door is open. This only happens at random times though. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Ian
Sounds like the door lock microswitch is at fault.......

Frankie's BMW :: 3 Series :: DIY Procedures :: Door Microswitch Replacement

jb

#3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Neutral Member

ian3 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
thanks alot

///M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)