BMW Werkz banner

Daytime Run Lights on a e36

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  bimmerboy328i 
#1 ·
Im contemplating putting my daytime run lights back into my e36 M. I have ZKW projectors, no HiD's and no angel eyes. Color is Dakar yellow I.

What do you guys think? Im kinda caught inbetween as to whether or not I want to keep them in or not.

#2 ·
I would say no. Save up the cash for some angel eyes instead.

#4 ·
///M Power said:
No I alreayd have DRL, but I took out the bulbs. Should I put the bulbs back in?
Running angel eyes is a hell of a lot more sexy than running daytime running lights. It sounds like you have the ones similar to stock bimmers with a light bulb that reflects light through to the rings? Too bad it's not brighter, but I'd take those angel eyes constantly on over daytime running lights any day of the week.

You might be able to do an LED bulb setup in there. I've never taken those apart, so I don't know if there's room. If you did, it would brighten your angel eyes summat.

#5 ·
///M Power said:
No I alreayd have DRL, but I took out the bulbs. Should I put the bulbs back in?

OOPS.

<--smacks self on forehead

When you said "DRLs" I failed to make the connection to "Daytime Running Lights." I thought you meant you had angel eyes, but had deactivated them by removing the bulb that illuminates them.

Doesn't your high beam bulb serve as the daytime running lights bulb? Isn't your high beam rather important to you?

#7 ·
///M Power said:
No no, the DRL's are a small 5 watt bulb that is in the same location as the high beam bulbs, but not the same bulb, so basically I have high beams aswell as DRL's in my inner lamps.
Technically, thats wrong. DRL's run off the high beam bulb at a low output. The small 5 watt wedge bulb in the ZKWs are the city lights that they use in Europe as their parking lights. To have DRL's on an e36, you would need the module which is about 70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.