Coupe or Cab?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:14 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
M3Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Which M3 would you prefer, the E46 Coupe or E46 Cab, and why???

My Car
2004 330ci
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Black
Options: <span style='color:red'>Performance Pkg</span>, <span style='color:green'>Cold Weather</span>, <span style='color:blue'>Xenon</span>, <span style='color:yellow'>Moonroof</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
coupe for the performance aspect.

#3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Thats wat I was thinking, but lately i've been leaning towards a cab, must be teh sudden change of weather which makes me want one baddddd!!!

My Car
2004 330ci
Options: <span style='color:red'>Performance Pkg</span>, <span style='color:green'>Cold Weather</span>, <span style='color:blue'>Xenon</span>, <span style='color:yellow'>Moonroof</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 06:48 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
Well like Furious said the coupe is faster then the cab. I'm not sure it worked but from another post I attached a page of the BMW M series break down all the way from the M1 to the CSL and the M3 coupe and cab are quite a few steps away from eachother concidering the difference. The convertable is definatly un-notisably slower and you have the option of loosing the top. Also, if you live where it snows quite a bit and you have some extra money, I believe they offer a hard top for the convertable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bmw_M_Comparison4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	6669  

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Good idea PowerM, u always give good advice I think the hardtop would be a sick idea.

My Car
2004 330ci
#6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 PM

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
If you get the hardtop for the Cab, it is actually full featured
Quote:
If you opt for the convertible M3 there is an optional hardtop available which is a body-colored hardtop with integrated rear window defroster, retractable coat hooks, and individual reading lights front and rear.
That seems pretty good too me but I have heard that it is a little pricy.

here is what one guy wrote about the hardtop
Quote:
I have a titanium silver ragtop with the hardtop.
I imagine it looks pretty good!

#7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:41 PM

Sorry, Here is the whole thing to the second quote

I have a titanium silver ragtop with the hardtop.
It definately makes the car look completely different. Even on hot days, I sometimes cruise w/ the hardtop....and all the windows down....I get many compliments.

#8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
ahem i should get credit for that Ultimate M article.. hehehe (joking)

but seriously the other and looming reason i prefer a coupe is because of the weather here. i cant enjoy the weather year round other wise i would consider the cab. either or i like them both . id take one if offered.

#9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Any pics of it with the removable hardtop on?

My Car
2004 330ci
#10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:40 PM

Couldn't find any pics of the e46 with the hardtop on... I wish i could see what it looks like....i'll look at cardomain.com and see if I find anything...I'll post what i find (if anything)

#11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:53 PM

After a while of browsing through german websites (very difficult because I don't speak German) I have found a pic of a cabrio with the hardtop!!!!

and here is the site The Site

ENJOY!!!

:P :P

#12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:53 PM

Looks good to me!!!

#13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
PowerM, you are my new forum best friend You never fail to give me good advice, thx a lot bro And your right, it looks really good

My Car
2004 330ci
#14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 09:48 PM

God I'm so good! (bad angles tho)

#15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 02:57 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
All I can say is...SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

PowerM, you are the man

My Car
2004 330ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)