BMW Werkz banner

Carbon Fiber Hood?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Cellardoor 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So im kicking around the idea of getting a Carbon Fiber hood for my 1995 BMW M3, but i am wondering a few things, First of all, when u get a carbon fiber hood how difficult and what is involved in transfering the windshield wipper sprayers into the new hood? also is it nessicary to put the hood insulation on the carbon fiber hood? and if so how do i go about doing it? Thanks in advance, sorry for the questions if they are simple but .... u wont know unless u ask! :)

-Hutch-

#2 ·
So no one knows anything about CF hoods that can help me out?

-Hutch-

#3 ·
VIS cf hood is nice... im thinking about geting a cf hood too. that thing is fking heavy (oem hood). not hard to do wipers, there are eletrical plugs u gotta take out after u pull out the water hoses. keep the hood on while doing it, or u will have a situation where u scratch ur fender paint like me... hood insulation is worhtless its used for sound deadening. how u go about, just purchase one on ebay or something. grade A carbon fiber will do. they say the clear coat fades on cheap stuff. but all kinds fade after a while in the sun. vis uses gradeAA so i guess its "better" CF hood is a great thing to kill weight tho. -vince

#4 ·
Hey vince,

Thanks for the heads up! when putting the wiper fluid sprayers (for lack of a better term?) do i have to do any cutting or are the holes pre cut? not that im shy of cutting but i have never worked with CF so i am a little leary about having to attack a brand new shinny CF hood with cutting tools lol.

-Hutch-

#6 ·
pretty sure vis is like as close to oem, im not sure tho, u would be cutting the fiberglass im pretty sure thats what they use on the other side. fiberglass is easy to crack. u wouldnt want to cut. id do some drilling if its nessary.

#7 ·
thanks for teh heads up guys. thanks a bunch.

-Hutch-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.