Buying used - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
JetFuel is on a distinguished road
Buying used

I have been shopping around for used E46 M3's and am wondering just how wise this is. The model years that are in my price range are the 2001-03 years, usually having around 70K miles on them. The car will be a daily driver so reliabilty could be an issue. I know that it probably isnt the best daily driver but I have always had my sights set on buying an M3.

Would anyone actually suggest doing this? I know the 2002 years had the bearing problem but as long as the recall was done is there any other problems to know about?

I also know that I wont get an M3 that was babied its entire life. People dont buy these cars for that reason. But on the plus side the engines were made to rev. Any other major issues to look out for?

Thanks in advance...
JetFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car:
Photos:
dutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz!

Where do you live?? Or in what area do you want to look for this car? Sorry but I can't help with e46 BMW's...
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
dutchbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
JetFuel is on a distinguished road
I would be looking for the car in the Northeast. But soon to relocate to CA but I will need the car before then...
JetFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)