Buying a 2000 M5.. Am I getting a good deal? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 06:43 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
intense321 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I am strongly considering buying an M5 from a non-authorized dealer. He tells me the car has had one owner and never been in an accident. It is in very good condition, and you can see pictures of some of the minor cosmetic damage at this website:

http://www.hettiarachchy.com/m5.

The cosmetic damage includes the minor overspray depicted in the picture above and some scratches on the underside of the car...

The seller wants $46,500 for the car. It has 32,000 miles on it.

Is this a good deal? edmunds.com says it is.. but I want to know from you guys as well..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 06:56 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
well seeing as how i just got one for the same price with no overspray or scratched wheels an 28,000 on it i would ask him to lower it. however mine was green and yours is black so that will probably make the difference. try and talk him down. ask if the clutch has been replaced. if the clutch is not used properly it will slip like crazy. go to www.m5board.com they have a plethera of information. i will honestly tell you if you can live with the scratches on the wheels and the minor scratches and overspray you will LOVE this car.

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:18 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the response. I wasn't able to talk the guy down on price.. But I was able to get him to do a few things.. 1) Have the overspray professionally removed, 2) Have the wheels professionally buffed down to 'new' mirror finish, 3) professionally clean the carpets.. 4) deliver the car to my door..

#4 was important because the car is currently over 1000 miles away from where I live..

So I went ahead and bought it. It sounds like I'm not getting a "terrible" deal and I'm sure I'll be happy with the car..

Thanks for the advice!
#4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:24 PM

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
dude you got the deal. are they fixing the scratches on the front air dam? free delivery is what i got as well. haha sweet high 5 dude it is great to have another M5 individual on the board with me. you gotta get some pics of that thing when you get it man.

Member 150+ MPH club
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:29 PM

YOU WIN THE PRIZE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yourock.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	3382  

Member 150+ MPH club
#6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 10:43 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
No.. I am going to have to fix the front air dam scratches myself.. It wasn't enough to make me not buy the car, though..

Thanks for the friendly post! I will definitely send some pics your way when I get the car..!
#7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 11:18 PM

post em in the Showroom. definately not a reason to prevent purchase. It should still be under warranty as well.

Member 150+ MPH club
#8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 11:42 PM
5th Gear Member

CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute CosmosBlack has a reputation beyond repute
What year model is that? Just wondering why the seats are not 2 toned and the interior trimmings are wood and not brushed aluminum/titanium (or whatever it's called).

#9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:39 AM

you can get either setup if you want. mine has wood trim as well.

Member 150+ MPH club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)