Brand spankin' V-8 m3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

View Poll Results: Given the performance potential of the new 335i...M3, or 335i?
E90/92 335i 6 35.29%
E90/92 M3 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
teh Canuck....eh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
(Thread Starter)
Brand spankin' V-8 m3

I don't know if anyone has had an opportunity to post spyshots of the new M3 or not. Here is a little taste for those of us who are anticipating it's release.

BMW M3 | Spy Shots | News | evo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:22 PM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
It looks cool, and it has more HP, But it's kinda sad. If what they say is true about 0-60 time 5 sec. Cause I'm pretty sure the e46 does 0-60 in 4.7. corrrect me if i'm wrong. (p.s. i guess there's always S/C)

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:43 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
It is a little dissapointing, not that I would ever complain if a set of keys happened to come my way though! I would have expected more from the new v-8. I heard a rumour the power numbers would be higher, closer to 450(to be closer to the new S4)...must have been a bad source, off with their head!
#4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
sorry but 335i is a wrong move on bmw part if they want to protect their M cars

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Why do you say that? Too much power for a non-M with the turbo'd 6? It looks like it would be a real kick-ass car(the 335i) with great performance numbers.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatCat
Why do you say that? Too much power for a non-M with the turbo'd 6? It looks like it would be a real kick-ass car(the 335i) with great performance numbers.

That's just the problem. The 335i is one chip re-flash away from equal horsepower to the M3. Let's see, buy the M, or buy a much cheaper 335i, spend $500 on a tuner software set, and spend another $3,000 stiffening up the suspension. If I feel really flashy, I'll also spend some money upgrading the differential. All of a sudden I have a car that can perform just as well as an M3 for much less than an M3.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:13 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
All of a sudden I have a car that can perform just as well as an M3 for much less than an M3.
For as good as the 335i looks, and with the relatively minor modifications, you can get yourself one helluva' car. Especially if you can do most of that yourself. You guys think BMW shot the M3 in the foot with this one?
Good poll question.

Now, if they bolt a S/C on that V-8, it's a completely different story...
#8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
e46 m3 looks better any day of the week
#9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 04:47 PM
n00b

namelesspenguin is on a distinguished road
^ this is true
#10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Granted, I agree completely...but that's not the question, you silly people.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
E30M3 > E46M3 > E36M3

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
That's just the problem. The 335i is one chip re-flash away from equal horsepower to the M3. Let's see, buy the M, or buy a much cheaper 335i, spend $500 on a tuner software set, and spend another $3,000 stiffening up the suspension. If I feel really flashy, I'll also spend some money upgrading the differential. All of a sudden I have a car that can perform just as well as an M3 for much less than an M3.

That's true, but, I'm sure within 6-9 months of the new M3 coming out, some performance shop (ie: Dinan,AA) will come out with S/C and other bolt-ons.
But I agree with M3uond on that the 335i is really only a hair away from M3 potential.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
that m3 looks way more sleeperish

#14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice jnstrcklnd is just really nice
The front end looks more like a newer GTO. Or is it just me?

#15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:23 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
E30M3 > E46M3 > E36M3
this is true

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)