Bought 03 M3 Vert W/manual Trans, Need Suggestions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thevert1 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

I Just bought a 03 (E46) M3 convertable with manual trans. I would like to give her a little more juice. Does anyone have any recommendations on performance software upgrades or chips. I'm also buying new rims for the car and need to make sure I have good tires. Do a lot of freeway/ mountain driving. Any tips on cold air flow systems. I'm a 1st time M3 owner and love it so far and tips I can get would be great.

Thanks
Eric
ampedelectric@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
First welcome to bimmerwekz!

Seeing as how I dont own a e46 M3, I probably wouldnt be able to help you out. As far as software upgrades go there are a few good sites out there. www.turnermotorsport.com is one of my favorites. They could probably hook you hook with some nice additions. Also www.aatuning.com should be able to help you aswell.

Something you should look into is a full cat back exhaust system. I got a friend with a eisenmann on his 04 M3. It sounds terrific and get srid of that clicking sound that the stock exhaust makes when you accelerate fast through high rpms.

As far as CAI's go for your car, I believe K&N already has one out but they are currently in the process of making a newer and better one fo ryour car. Keep an eye out for it. Dinan also makes one that is supposed ot be good, and it will not void the warranty (no Dinan upgrades can void any parts of your warranty if installed by a proper center). And just make sure with any CAI you get, that you buy a heat shield with it aswell.

One again,
www.turnermotorsport.com
www.aatuning.com
and www.bavauto.com

Good Luck,

Eric

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)