BMW Werkz banner

BMW Roundel THEFT!!!

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Slvr e39 
#1 ·
Ummm...ok I just found your forum guys and it's very nice. You got some nice cars and some helpfull posters..

NOW!.... We've been a BMW family for a long time, and now i share a 1998 M3 coupe with my mom...

:help

I just got my trunk roundel stolen (they tried to take the front one but only made a dent on the side of it (stupid losers) :screwy . But the back one is gone, they only scratched the paint under the roundel at least.

I have an old "Bimmer" magazine and it shows some online retailers who sell roundels for 9$...and another who sells em for 11$ and 0.50$ for the 2 grommets i need...

Though i look at the damage...and the 2 holes are filled...with the broken parts of the 2 pegs holding it up.

How would i get those 2 pieces out? is it all done from the outside of the car, or do i have to remove the felt inside and push it out from there???

That's the victimized ride below... thank you for any contributions.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hum...still no replys...no big deal.

While i'm at it and i have a topic up...
HOw much would a good tinted window job cost me? It would be for the rear, side rear and lightly tint the 2 front side windows... Can't tint the windshield for legal reasons or course...

I'd of course be getting top of the line tints (i hear the ray-ban ones are good quality, any other suggestions?)..

I live in canada, so if you have US prices in mind just make a note. Thanks. :wink

Another pic while i'm here...

Attachments

#5 ·
Originally posted by KingScare@Oct 11 2003, 04:18 PM
Ok ...why less tints in the back?

no info about the emblem... I'm pretty confident that if i order the part i can snap it on alone...

But for the broken pieces still in the 2 sockets...what do i do for those? can i yank em out with pliers?
:confused
I don't see why not.....and i think he means like you can only see 12% through.....vs like %50 would be much more transparent......

#10 ·
yer they are worthless, a while back on my dads mitsubishi challenger some punk tried to nab a the diamond logo (as if its worth nething) and yer he scachted the paint on the boot. fagget :guns

#11 ·
On the logo thing, I would have to agree that only idiots word steal the emblem! But on my car I jsut get them replaced by my mechanic, on the older Beamers I have(early 90's), for $14 US dollars, and tint, well I went crazy and went Double Limo on the back windows and regualr Limo on the front windows!! Tint is worth the price you pay if you get a good job done B)

#12 ·
Ah ok... thx

I found a dealer (vortex parts or something like that) sells emblems for 9$...

I guess my mechanic would know how to remove those 2 pieces from those holes...it's just a big piss off..

And, you said something about limo tints...does that mean the type of tints limo's get? Is there a brand name or something? Cuz yeah... i would really like them to be pitch black in the back...the front sides and windshield arent so important cuz there is some kind of legal limits...

cheers :beer

#13 ·
as far as stealing worthless emblems, i think it is more a lame prank sort of thing or a gang initiation.

some punks broke in to my gf's old civic to steal the stupid ASHTRAY! WTF??? when the cops came they said, "yeah, those things have been happening, stealing piddling little things like ashtrays, hood emblems, cigarette lighters, just for gang initiations."

Originally posted by KingScare@Oct 11 2003, 12:32 PM
How would i get those 2 pieces out? is it all done from the outside of the car, or do i have to remove the felt inside and push it out from there???
for removing the pieces, it may be easier to remove the felt and do it from the inside. with the felt gone, you can see the entire locking mechanism, but i don't remember off hand if you can see the roundel grommets.

#14 ·
Ok...i found the emblem i'm going to get... Its probably gonna get robbed right away but i'll risk it.. Or maybe its retarted enough that no one is gonna wanna rob it.

So my Bimmer is gonna be an M...M3. :naughty

Anyway... those 2 little broken pieces are STILL in there...waiting for the part to take em out..

I'm hesitant to removing the felt on the inside of the trunk...seems like a detour ..

Is is possible to just do the operation from the outside...Can those 2 rubber pieces come out? Then i would empty them of the broken pegs and then reuse them for the new roundel...

Maybe i'm annoying with my stupid roundel questions and everything... i just want to do this right and not have to go chasing for tiny little rubber pieces...

thanks...or just tell me to shut up. :thud

Attachments

#15 ·
ok...still no insight eh??

Well the question still stands as to how i would remove those 2 half broken pegs from within the rubber grommets...

AND! side question... Sometimes when i start my car...i just go from neutral to reverse (to back out of the drive way) but as i slide the shifter into reverse its like if it backfires at me....it goes in but with difficulty.

I remebered something my dad told me, which was to cycle the shifter through first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and then into reverse just to..i dunno get the gear box warmed up or whatever...

It doesnt happen when i do the 5 speed shuffle ...but i would really want to know why the reverse gear "barks" at me like that.. the clutch is fully in of course...and i dont put it in reverse with the same clutch press i use to start the car (meaning i reclutch after the car starts )

#17 ·
that or just remove the damn felt man, not like its a big job takes 2 seconds..

#18 ·
he already fixed this problem

#19 ·
Yeah... for those who have the same problem with the broken peg parts still inside the grommets who initially hold the sign....

The only way to do it is basically to chew up the grommets along with the peg with some normal wire cutters and then slam it into the depths of the trunk... Unless you're some expert drilling master and can wreck the broken pegs from inside the grommets (which would take such dedication...and even then success is not guaranteed, cuz those grommets HOLD the pegs like crazy..)

Also, removing the felt from the inside of the trunk is extremely useless, the only thing you will see is the locking mecanism...thats it..no grommets or anything...the lock and then some metal sheet, no access what so ever. Removing those pins who hold the felt is extremely annoying and those pegs will not be intact either, they'll hold it back up...but they'll never be like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.