BMW Werkz banner

'99 M3 +$15K

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Silver4evr 
#1 ·
OK, I think I've decided on an '96-'99 M3. I'll have about $15K in cash to spends on mods, including install. Looks like a good turbo kit will run about $10K, then I need an exhaust, maybe a water injection kit, gauges, and possibly nitrous. I'd like over 400 at the wheels, does this possible with those mods and will those mods fit in under $15K?

#2 ·
Originally posted by Paradigm_Guy@May 31 2004, 01:23 AM
OK, I think I've decided on an '96-'99 M3. I'll have about $15K in cash to spends on mods, including install. Looks like a good turbo kit will run about $10K, then I need an exhaust, maybe a water injection kit, gauges, and possibly nitrous. I'd like over 400 at the wheels, does this possible with those mods and will those mods fit in under $15K?
if ur going to have a turbo installed professionally, then its going to cost about 15-20 grand to buy + installtion, and good rims will cost over 1 grand.

#5 ·
Originally posted by skawful@May 31 2004, 11:37 PM
water injection, turbo, and nos... i smell rice
water injection is for the turbo, and not its not rice. maybe the nos, but not turbo. go to www.aatuning.com and read about water/alcohol injection, it cools the engine. and its a $1200 system, and ricers couldnt afford that

#6 ·
I don't think you understood...

a turbo with water injection sounds good (and sounds good :D)
but a turbo with water injection and nitrous... just think about how that sounds

and yes i have heard of active autowerks... but i would go for their supercharger system

#7 ·
Heh, it's not rice man. I'm not doing it for the looks, there won't be any external mods, and it'll look stock for the mostpart. The reason I'd go turbocharged over supercharged is because I'm familiar with turbos, and it seems that they have a better selection for power with the BMW's. Thanks for the input guys.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Paradigm_Guy+Jun 2 2004, 01:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paradigm_Guy @ Jun 2 2004, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dutchbmw@Jun 2 2004, 06:14 AM
What about an M3 euro spec engine? (321HP w/o turbo charger)
Looks like this site is Euro specs then? [/b][/quote]
Exactly, that are the euro specs! When I've getting my digital camera I'm going to make some pics here at the BMW salvage yard. For only the engine you'll pay about 3000 euro, complete with all things you need it is 5000 euro. BTW, I talk to that guy and ask him the actual prices. You’ll hear from me! :wink

#14 ·
Originally posted by Paradigm_Guy@Jun 1 2004, 07:17 PM
The reason I'd go turbocharged over supercharged is because I'm familiar with turbos, and it seems that they have a better selection for power with the BMW's.
Check out this link to info on turbo vs. supercharger.

Check out this link re: Dinan vs. Turner Superchargers. It's an old post but may still have some relevant info.

good luck.

Let us know how it turns out. Maybe some before, during and after pics would be good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.