'95 m3 rim&tire combo? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
wasabisan is on a distinguished road
Smile '95 m3 rim&tire combo?

hi folks, im new to the forum and for my birthday present i bought myself a '95 m3 dakar yellow. its my first bimmer and i love it. im looking to get some rims on it but im wondering what would be a good tire/rim combination and offset. im leaning towards 19's for it im not too sure on how its going to fit without it rubbing the fender and whatnot. i currently have it lowered with h&r coilover springs and shocks. any info will be greatly appreciated.
wasabisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 00 Prelude, 95 525i, 85 635CSi
Photos:
d3ity will become famous soon enoughd3ity will become famous soon enough
I might be able to help you out with financing your new rims... take some pics of your stock wheels/tires and I might be interested in purchasing them
Old 09-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I'd stay safe and go with 18" wheels. My 18s rub every now and then even with my rear fenders rolled. I run 235/35/18 tires aswell. My offset sucks though. I have +35. Try to aim for your offset to be around +39 to + 43. With that you could run 235 or 245s all around.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
EuroTuner is on a distinguished road
Is this mod in regards to cosmetic or performance?
EuroTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTuner
Is this mod in regards to cosmetic or performance?
Obviously his intentions are primarily cosmetic.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
EuroTuner is on a distinguished road
I was just asking because alot of people think they need to buy different size rims to fit wider tires on. Didn't know if they were trying to go with a wider tire.

I personally would go with an 18 if not staying with the stock 17. The 17 is easier to fit wider tires under without worry of rub. When you do have to start worry about being to wide and rubbing you have more sidewall to play with as well. But thats just my .02$
EuroTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Bethlehem Motors is on a distinguished road
As far as performance wise. I have the same car and I track mine 1-2 a month. I have the 17inch lightend motorsports rims but I was thinking about getting 18inch rims primarily because I want the 350mm big brake kit, but I would settle for the 320mm brake kit if the 17inch rims track that much better. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 00 Prelude, 95 525i, 85 635CSi
Photos:
d3ity will become famous soon enoughd3ity will become famous soon enough
Bethlehem Motors, is that Bethlehem, PA by chance? If so, you're 20 minutes from me.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Bethlehem Motors is on a distinguished road
Na im in burbank, CA
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)