95 M3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
PGK
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PGK is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello All,

I am newbie here and the search wouldn't work for me for some reason. I was trying to search on "95 M3" to see the pros and cons of it. I am really interested in getting a M3 but I'm on a tight budget under $10K. So I found this car listed with all the stuff mentioned below. It seems the engine was rebuilt @ 120K miles. And since then the owner has put 69K miles on the car. Now according to him the car runs great got lots of power and is real tight. He's also modified the car. Listed all modifications below. I need your feedback is this all good? Do you think this is a good deal? I have not yet driven the car but plan to do so over the weekend. Are there any reasons I should stay away from a '95? If so what model yr should I be looking at as I still want to buy one under $10K and hopefully under 180K miles. Your feedback will be highly appreicated. Please see car spec below that I am currently looking at.

As posted by seller:
"1995 BMW M3,5spd,Nicely Modified-280hp,-have all documented records-Carfax certified-clear title-Avus Blue/dove grey, Vader Seats, Keyless Entry/Alarm,Cd,Onboard computer, sunroof, cruise, Recent modifications include:Ultra lightweight OZ wheels w/new tires,Single Koni Adjustable struts/shocks, New clutch w/dinan lightweight flywheel,B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust system,UUC intake w/heatshield,Active Autoworks chip,UUC short shift, UUC mounts/bushing all around,J.turner aluminum underpaneling,Shrotch 5-point harness,new brakes- Just had full service, 69k since complete documented engine rebuild. Car is mechanically excellent-tons of new maintence parts(waterpump,fuelpump,etc).CAR RUNS EXTREMELY STRONG AND VERY TIGHT/NICE HANDLING-MOSTLY HIGHWAY MILES"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

MadBMW is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles does it have on it? The car has tons of mods, but if he is asking under $10 with all those mods, there is something wrong with it. Most 95-99 M3 with no mods and 70k-100k go for $13k-$30K. I would question the state of the motor. With all those mods it must have been beaten on a lot and I would have the compression checked

2002 Bmw X5 4.4I
1997 Bmw M3 3.2L
1988 Sunbird Eurosport SLC 5.7L
#3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Cellardoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cellardoor
I personaly think it could just b a sick buy, i would go check the car out, bring it to a mechanic u trust, have him get it up on a lift and make sure its ok and as posted above, get a compression check. also ask him outright why he is selling the car. I have a 95 M3 that i got for 7,500 cause the guy was going through a divorce and would rather dump the car then let his wife get it. haha. i say get it looked at ask some questions and go from there. good luck and keep us posted.

-Hutch-

<span style='color:red'>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totaly work out, loudly proclaiming &quot;Wow! What a ride!!&quot;.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>If life passes you by......downshift</span>
#4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 11:49 PM
PGK
n00b

PGK is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the feedback. I tried speaking to the person selling the car who seemed to be giving me all dodgy answers. So my search goes on........
#5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 09:49 AM
5th Gear Member

catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to catalyst.
Dont listen to mad bmw, i would check the car out.. a price of 10 grand sound jsut about right for a body with 180k on it and a rebuilt motor. Dont get discouraged, go check it out and have a compression test done. Its very likely that this car would last you another 150 thousand miles without any serious engine problems.

#6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

FREDPLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FREDPLT
Here is an alternative. FIND A E30 M3!!!!!!!!!!
There are plenty of aftermarket mods you can do to them and they are a fast and good looking BMW, you will get much respect from guys who know cars. the 88 M5 is quite a ride too, not to mention the 91 M5, all around 10 grand. You seem to want a fast and good looking car, look for the 1988 E 30 M3. You will be happy with it for the money, I have seen good ones as low as $6000!

1998 Cosmos M3
1986 Silver 735i
2000 Gold Tahoe Z71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)