'95 e36 M3 71k miles decision help question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMWdawg is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
'95 e36 M3 71k miles decision help question

Hey, here is my dilemma, I need advice as well as potential buyers. I recently was in an accident with my '95 e36 M3, It was a stupid accident, because I hit the curb going sideways around a corner after I hit some ice, which damaged the suspension and possibly torqued the frame because of the angle, as there is some buckling in the body panels, however, the engine, tranny, exhaust, etc... are completely untouched as far as I can see, and are still in terrific condition. Even after the accident I was able to start the car right up and never saw anything leaking whatsoever. The insurance company isn't paying to fix the car because they say the suspension, rims, etc, are the most expensive parts to fix, and because the frame may have been torqued it is not worth fixing.

I need to know if people want parts from the car like the engine, exhaust, transmission, and if I could sell that kinda stuff as well as all the glass and whatnot which was also untouched, or if I should take the money and let them keep the car. I stress that the engine is still in amazing condition, like I said only 71k original miles. I can keep the car and they will give me about 9500, or they can keep the car and they will give me about 12000, any advice??? If I keep the car I want buyers on hand so I can get rid of the parts quickly because I would need to keep the car temporarily at my parents and they don't want stuff sitting around taking up space and looking ugly half apart. The interior is decent as well.

ALSO, I would sell the car as is but it would need to be towed because the wheel practically snapped off because of how I hit, but I would need at least the difference in what the ins company would give if they kept the car.

Thanks in advance for the advice/help/buying parts P.S. Car is located in Ct.

Last edited by BMWdawg; 02-01-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to say where car is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Help from over the pond

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
marti5 is on a distinguished road
If its a genuine ///3 breaking it you should gain quite alot, if it were me I would take the 9500 and keep the car to break or find another body and do a rebuild.

It all depends on if you have the time to break it/do it and of course storage.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)