'88 M3 Alpina practical value? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
'88 M3 Alpina practical value?

Hey guys! I've stumbled across what I'm hopeing might be a gold mine! I was driving around on some really back roads in my tiny little town in Kentucky yesterday and to my total suprise I stumbled across what appears to be a rather neglected but solid '88 M3 Alpina! It was sitting at an old nasty apartment complex and looked as though it had been sitting there for a good year or better! Now I have a little bit of "play" money right now and it breaks my heart to see the quintessential mother of all sport coupes going to waste like that! So naturally I left my card on the windshield and said I would like to give them CASH for their car and to call me as I can pay NOW! Judging by the looks of the place and the car, they could use it and I'm hoping that means a STEAL of a deal! The car needs a drivers side door and a paint job, but the interior just needs some leather conditioner and some TLC to be really nice! All the center caps were missing and some of the signal lenses and such, but a solid original M overall! I'm thinking that it has some running issues as it hasn't moved in a while, evidenced by the dirt build up under the rather flat tires. That's what I'm hoping at least! Anyhow I guess my question is what have you guys seen these cars bring in recent times? In nice shape that is! Just wanting to know how good an investment this could be? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brandon
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
A well kept e30 m3s in good to excellent condition go for anywhere from 9 to 20 thousand.

I highly doubt you found a Alpina b6s ... there was only 62 of those ever built, and I doubt one would be in Kentucky. How did you come up with the conclusion it's a Alpina (not flaming, just want to know more about it).

Oh, and welcome to the site. Glad to have someone else from KY.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
Fellow Kentuckian!

Hey man! Where are you in KY? I'm in Clarkson, which is in Grayson Co. Anyhow, I was just confused about the Alpina thing! I'm no expert with the BMW's yet. I've always been somewhat of a VW officianado. From the air cooled to the late model stuff! So i'm still learning the BMW lineage .
I'm sure it's just an M3 S14. Anyhow I'm thinking I may be able to buy this thing for a $1000 bucks or less! I can't see losing anything there! I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy, that is if I do hear from him! Heres hoping . I wish you could see my E30 but I took a bunch of pics with my digi cam and theyre at 7mega pixels and I can't load them! Theyre too big apparently. Any suggestions?

Brandon
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTE30
Hey man! Where are you in KY? I'm in Clarkson, which is in Grayson Co. Anyhow, I was just confused about the Alpina thing! I'm no expert with the BMW's yet. I've always been somewhat of a VW officianado. From the air cooled to the late model stuff! So i'm still learning the BMW lineage .
I'm sure it's just an M3 S14. Anyhow I'm thinking I may be able to buy this thing for a $1000 bucks or less! I can't see losing anything there! I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy, that is if I do hear from him! Heres hoping . I wish you could see my E30 but I took a bunch of pics with my digi cam and theyre at 7mega pixels and I can't load them! Theyre too big apparently. Any suggestions?

Brandon
I'm in Louisville.

As for the M3, there is definitely nothing to lose.

If you want, email those pics to me at straightsix@gmail.com and I'll resize them and post them for you.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)