BMW Werkz banner

3 Beeps ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Daz-E 
#1 ·
Hey guys ! I'm still new to bimmers so bare with me. What are the 3 audible beeps I'm hearing every so often when I'm driving ? My check engine light is on but its for my o2 Sensor slow to read. Its not my stereo and there is no other indications or lights other then my airbag light . Any knowledge on this will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advanced !

#2 ·
Do you have an E46, I can't tell for sure from the picture. I would say that it is probably one of the lights. On my E39 the airbag light never caused and beeps or dings, but that could be different on different models. I'm sure it is the CEL or the airbag light though, but maybe drz or someone else will have a better answer for you.

#4 ·
^ That is another possibility to check into. I need to get some buds with other BMWs so I can see how they act. I know in the E39 it dings once for low outside temperature warnings, not sure what other models do the same. I would say that his suggestion is a pretty good starting place if you don't think it is from the CEL or airbag light. Best of luck.

#5 ·
My e 30 did the same thing I just disregarded it.

#7 ·
Its a E36 M3 ! Sorry I should of made that known. I've only had the car for a couple of months so I'm still trying to get knowledge on it. I do have a temp. sensor of some kind that is kinda hanging freely, I assume its the outside temp. sensor(Its never right on my OBC, it always reads over 100+, it made be reading the engine bay temp though).

Thanks for the reply's guys, I'll check that top of the hour thing !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.