3 Beeps ? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daz-E is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
3 Beeps ?

Hey guys ! I'm still new to bimmers so bare with me. What are the 3 audible beeps I'm hearing every so often when I'm driving ? My check engine light is on but its for my o2 Sensor slow to read. Its not my stereo and there is no other indications or lights other then my airbag light . Any knowledge on this will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advanced !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Do you have an E46, I can't tell for sure from the picture. I would say that it is probably one of the lights. On my E39 the airbag light never caused and beeps or dings, but that could be different on different models. I'm sure it is the CEL or the airbag light though, but maybe drz or someone else will have a better answer for you.

#3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Does the OBC have an outside temp sensor with a missing lead?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
^ That is another possibility to check into. I need to get some buds with other BMWs so I can see how they act. I know in the E39 it dings once for low outside temperature warnings, not sure what other models do the same. I would say that his suggestion is a pretty good starting place if you don't think it is from the CEL or airbag light. Best of luck.

#5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 12:33 AM
3rd Gear Member

k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
My e 30 did the same thing I just disregarded it.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
#6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Sounds like the top of the hour alarm. There is a button to toggle it on/off in the clock area of your obc. I am assuming that your car is the E36 m3 in your avatar.

#7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
n00b

Daz-E is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Its a E36 M3 ! Sorry I should of made that known. I've only had the car for a couple of months so I'm still trying to get knowledge on it. I do have a temp. sensor of some kind that is kinda hanging freely, I assume its the outside temp. sensor(Its never right on my OBC, it always reads over 100+, it made be reading the engine bay temp though).

Thanks for the reply's guys, I'll check that top of the hour thing !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)