2006 M3 competition - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
biz_banker is on a distinguished road
2006 M3 competition

Hi, I'm new to the BMW scene. I am in the market to buy a newer M3. I found a 2006 M3 with the competition package (blue w/black interior) with 42K. The car is extremely clean, has the SMG and comes with the balance of the factory warranty to 02/2010 (or 50K). The seller is asking $28K....any thoughts, advice to a novice or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Are there any particular things that I should take note of when inspecting an '06 M3???

Thanks.
biz_banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
You should take note that it is an 06 with competition package, SMG & warranty. Sounds like a good deal. Those Competitions package 06 M3's went for 58K-60K new. The price drop is drastic but since the new e9x M3's came out so has everything. The competition package comes with a lot of upgrades not availible for the regular M3, including a more direct steering rack, CSL style BMW distributed wheels, exclusive interlagos blue color, larger rotors + cross-drilled, alcantra steering wheel, more agressive DSC setup, interior aluminum trim, and some other stuff.

I quickly found this australian article on it. Looks to be pretty old. BMW M3 Competition Package: Another Winning Combination - AutoWeb News

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
biz_banker is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input! I bought the M3 and love it so far! I'm looking forward to some drier weather to have some fun with it!

Thanks again for the response!
biz_banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jenifer.kaif is on a distinguished road
Its better to check the price with other seller also then see which is the best option to go with it.
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)