2003 rear lights - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 11:41 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bits&Bytes is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Have a question someone who is more knowledgeable than me might know...

I picked up my new 2003 M3 Monday, took it by a local dealer to see about the 1200 mi service. As we looked at the car he said that my back tail lights are from an 04?? They have the multiple "pin LED" lights.

Sure enough I looked at some pictures of 03's and 04's and they are different. Did they make the switch in mid-year 03? Or is something funny going on from the dealer I bought it from...??

B&B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 01:38 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
I've never heard about that...but thats sweet if u got better lights then regular 2003's

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 02:01 PM
n00b

Bits&Bytes is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I don't know if they are better?? but I definitely got the LED pin lights. Looks....almost like a honey comb effect. Do you have that on yours??

PS. That red interior is very B)
#4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 03:03 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
By looking at pics of the 2004's it looks as if I have the same lights as the 04's also. Was he maybe talking about the led brake lights in the middle of the trunk?

Do you have a SMG2 in your new M3? Do you have any pics?

thanks for the compliment on the red....it seems to be a favorite of everyone.

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 04:24 PM
n00b

getsmarteveryone is an unknown quantity at this point
What is your month of build. Starting 03/03 BMW made a change to the LED lights. BMW makes middle of the model year changes like when they added the engine brace and you just get what you get. BTW, bmw will not retrofit the changes for free even if you have the same model year and your build date was just a month early! It sounds like you had a late 03 build date given you only had your first service in Nov.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)