BMW Werkz banner

2003 M3 Transplant

840 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Litespeed Boy 
#1 ·
I am wondering what are the areas I should be aware of when considering the following:

The body and frame on a 2001 is in excellent condition but was stolen and stripped of almost everything. A 2003 SMG was in an accident (rollover) but the interior, drivetrain, engine, electrical, etc is like new (5000 miles on engine).

A shop is planning to swap everything off the 2003 into the body of the 2001. I am interested in buying the final car.

What areas or concerns should I be aware of and what questions/demands should I ask of the performance shop doing the work. The shop owner has an excellent reputation in the past with swaps and mods.

Please write a story if you want - I need help! I need to make the decision with in 2 months. There is a full 1 year warranty with the car. I called BMW and they said they will service the car as if it was original. It is priced very well....about $10K less than a used 2001 SMG.

Upon the completion....the car will be considered a 2001 and in 'driveaway' condition.

Thanks y'all.

Newbie BMW fan.
:devil

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.