11/95 M3 Advice request - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6) General M-Series Discussion - If it does not fit into a more specific M Category above, please place it in here. In addition, previously archived M-Series discussion is located in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 07:05 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rdb745 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
The radio is a CD ready Alpine and I am having difficulty finding a compatible CD changer. I have been told I need the changer and an adapter. I have also been told they are not available.

THe BMW site that sent me here does not address compatibility issues and does not offer a phone number. Crutchfield couldn't help either. The dealer can get me a unit plus installation kit for $800 plus.

Does anybody know what I actually need and where I can get it.

Thanks, Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:35 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
E36pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, I would just go with an in dash model or for that matter perhaps an MP3 player will work for you. I have the model below and it works great (98 Integra). No watts with this one so amps are a must, however they do have them powered. After shipping and installation kit your still less than half the cost of just a CD changer. Plus the entire interior doesn't have to be ripped up to run the changer cable. IMHO this will be a cost efffective solution. I'd rather have this along with my seperates and solobaric than stock. You could probably put together an entire system for 800 to 1000 bux.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-F2l52...a=0&cc=01&avf=N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > M-Series (M1, M3, M5, M6)