What's It Worth??! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Forced Induction Talk about turbo and superchargers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
What's It Worth??!

Folks -

I AM getting a liquid filled boost/vacum gauge installed on my supercharged
Z3. I am attaching a picture of it here:

By roadstermadness

My shop wants to charge me $352 for both the part and the installation. The part costs about $56 bucks. Do you think the total price is reasonable? Inquiring minds want to know what the Werkzians think!

Thanks all.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
300$ for installation? Sounds crazy to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
By the way, I want the name and location of your shop, since I obviously will need one up here.

I need a boost gauge too....

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
That's stupid. Find a better shop. Fuck, for $350 i'd break down, spend a bit more, and go for a Defi Main controller and Defi stealth boost gauge. Which I did order last February, but after 3 months of backorder I gave up on it.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Thought so...

Agreed as to the silly $$ they were asking for the small job. That is exactly what I wanted confirmation on here. They are an excellent shop and are well known in the industry, but my local friends agreed that $350 for the gauge & install was stupid high. My guess is that since they've held onto my old wheels and tires for 4+ months sine my Brembos went in and I needed to change wheels and tires (MUST sell those neear new tires and nice OEM rims BTW), they may have tried to make up some for the storage.

///M Power: that kind of talk is dangerous as I'm afraid this has been quite the "pig out" year for me as to mods, new 328xi for wifey, and now the bananas New Years' jaunt I have planned. Pics etc to follow in a later thread. I want what you just mentioned, along with a lightweight flywheel and triflow exhaust...somebody stop me! Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input guys! RM

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
If you have the $ do it, then tell your wife you got mugged and the guys at the werkz thought it would cheer you up if we modded your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
If you have the $ do it, then tell your wife you got mugged and the guys at the werkz thought it would cheer you up if we modded your car
lol

#9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

But I'm going here for 2 weeks New Years: So some stuff will have to wait...

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

By roadstermadness

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA - my hometown. just go here, save the cash, and boost more!

#11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA - my hometown. just go here, save the cash, and boost more!

AWESOME! LOL! W'HOO! In 2 years baby - when I have the big 4-0, me wants ///M School in SC and Pebble Beach at last!

You all keep at it, I'll wind up chucking the Supercharger and going turbo (my wife et al still have NO IDEA why I needed the mods to begin with! (nor even HALF of what they cost!).

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
1. The first pic made me think Ireland, but the trimmings of the hotel room kind of threw me off on that one...

2. Do M school sooner than that, you won't regret it. And do the 2 day one. BMW does not make a dime on that school, I swear, given how many tires, pads, and rotors they go through, much less paying for all of the many staff who are there over the weekend. Frankly I think I'll probably do it again, as well as the advanced M school at VIR after the new M3 comes out.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I'm thinking of doing the 2-day performance driving school within the next year or so. Then I will wait until my savings and investments are solid before I decide whether I want to drop the money for M school.

#14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
I'm thinking of doing the 2-day performance driving school within the next year or so. Then I will wait until my savings and investments are solid before I decide whether I want to drop the money for M school.
To be honest, the normal school is just lame compared to the M school. Save your shekels and do the 2 day M school up front.

Lindsay fan club member.
#15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

(Thread Starter)
Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
1. The first pic made me think Ireland, but the trimmings of the hotel room kind of threw me off on that one...

2. Do M school sooner than that, you won't regret it. And do the 2 day one. BMW does not make a dime on that school, I swear, given how many tires, pads, and rotors they go through, much less paying for all of the many staff who are there over the weekend. Frankly I think I'll probably do it again, as well as the advanced M school at VIR after the new M3 comes out.
It is Lana'I, the uber-private small island in Hawaii at the 4 Seasons! The pics of Princeville Resort on Kauai did not come out well and so were omitted.

///Mmmmmm - ///M School!

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction