m10 dinan manifold and other parts questions? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Forced Induction Talk about turbo and superchargers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 08:26 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new2bmw is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
m10 dinan manifold and other parts questions?

I have not been here in a while, was debating whether to swap an m20 into my 318i or not, bought an 89 325i then decided i like the m10 even though i may not get the same power as the baby six, i somehow like the idea of working with four cylinders and having a light quick car.
I have a Cast log turbo manifold made by Dinan for the 318i. , 2 ihi turbos an intercooler I also have H&R sport springs and bilstein sport shocks installed on the 318i. I have put a ton of cash into the car so far, so i figure if it takes a bit more to get it where i want it so be it. I have 2 m10's so i can work on one and drop it in when done. I want around 150-200hp out of it, nothing too wild. I am thinking since a few guys have run the engine stock with boost, if i take a few steps, 2.0l crank, stronger headgasket and headbolts along with maintenance, timing chain, water pump etc, etc it should hopefully be fine.
does anybody have any bookmarked links to an m10 build that is well detailed, step by step, i am unsure of a few things, oil return , Oil/Coolant feed lines to the turbo (can oil cooler from 325i be used in some way?), i just need a guidline to go by. Also somebody mentioned something about
Chipped Bosch ECU , no idea what this means, never heard of this being used on m10 and Wide band O2 meter with gauge.
Please jump in and overload my brain with info here, i am moving so 325i has to go to scrap in a week so if i can use anything from the engine compartment at all to help out please let me know.
Sorry so long guys, just want this to go smooth and to have everthing before i start.
Heres some pics of the manifold.

Here is a bunch of pics of what a guy i know gave to me, he said it was stuff he was going to use on an m10 build. I dont even know what half of it is. I can give you info on the turbos if it will help. if you know what some of it is please let me know. not sure if this intercooler will work or not. I was told on another thread it is all crap, may be old but hope its not crap. I also have all parts from the 325i to choose from if anything there is useful as well as a bunch of injectors and other collective parts from southern ontario scrap yards lol.

Pleasew send me in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction