The Hype! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Forced Induction Talk about turbo and superchargers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rej487 has a spectacular aura about rej487 has a spectacular aura about rej487 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to rej487
(Thread Starter)
Question The Hype!

Is it just me or is the thought of a supercharged or turbocharged BMW just like super-sex?

Elaborate

1993 BMW 325I - Alpina White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:21 PM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
Same reason a Ferrari is . . . $$$$$

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM
3rd Gear Member

rej487 has a spectacular aura about rej487 has a spectacular aura about rej487 has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not even just that... I think it just ads so much to an already classy vehicle. Yeah sure there are fast ass GTIs and such, but a BMW? IDK hearing a spool on a BMW is just sick! Maybe that's just my opinion.

#4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 PM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
It is definitely sick. The inline six is one of the sweetest sounding engines IMO, especially with a nice exhaust. So add the sssssssssssss-PSHH to that. . . ooooooooooooh. I love it, I'm just not happy about paying for it.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Neutral Member

BMW///MPower is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Turbos are great

...but Im glad bmw makes only N/A cars. Turbo slows down the response of a car and eats power before it gets to the wheels. It also shows true automotive perfaction behind every car, not like Merc AMG who only can make a car to keep up with an ///M by blowing it.

And plus, if you have a turbo ///M3, everyone knows whats up.

Live like your ///Powered

Last edited by BMW///MPower; 12-16-2005 at 03:25 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///MPower
...but Im glad bmw makes only N/A cars. Turbo slows down the response of a car and eats power before it gets to the wheels. It also shows true automotive perfaction behind every car, not like Merc AMG who only can make a car to keep up with an ///M by blowing it.

And plus, if you have a turbo ///M3, everyone knows whats up.
True, true. I'm definetely not a big fan of the Kompressor series... except for hot chicks!

And just a side note, you have ne of your better videos uploaded newhere? I saw one run of ur car against something and loved it, gemme more

#7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I agree. Although the e36 M3 engine already sounds AMAZING fromt he factory. I have many e46 M3 friends who wished the s54 sounded as perfect as a s50 or s52.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Neutral Member

And just a side note, you have ne of your better videos uploaded newhere? I saw one run of ur car against something and loved it, gemme more [/QUOTE]

What? Im sorry but Im not realy following you guys, what are you trying to say by "You have ne of you better bideos uploaded newhere?"

English Please

#9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:27 AM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///MPower
And just a side note, you have ne of your better videos uploaded newhere? I saw one run of ur car against something and loved it, gemme more
What? Im sorry but Im not realy following you guys, what are you trying to say by "You have ne of you better bideos uploaded newhere?"

English Please[/QUOTE]

I think you just have a hard time reading english... I asked for more videos of the sweet yellow beast

#10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Neutral Member

Most likely because Im Ukrainian, but hey who cares about me, Ill try to get you some more vids of that yellow beauty

#11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I'm really into N/A as well. It's almost like cheating, you know? I was talking to a friend of mine who has a 180sx and I was telling him that I want 10lb per hp (at the wheels) for my car, and he was like.. oh, well I already have 250 hp for mine.. I was like, you have a 4 cyl? How is that? and then before I could retract my statement, he was like Turbo... (duh) I don't know, to me it's not quite worth it.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
He probably did an engien swap.

orignally a 240sx he called it a 180sx. Did he do a sr20det?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction