FI question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Forced Induction Talk about turbo and superchargers.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
racer x is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to racer x Send a message via MSN to racer x
FI question

i am basicly getting outta the car i have now, which is a 2001 eclipse Gt SC and wanting to get a BMW but finding spec's on these cars is like getting photos of bigfoot, very elusive and when you do get one, its sketchy and questionable.... the question i have is i am looking at getting a 3 or 5 series and wanted to know what the best models are for FI, as far as most boost outta the stock manifold for the most horse, i would really like to be putting out 500+... so any help is appriciated, whether its links to info or just opinions..
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Stock manifold? Out of the stock internals I dont really see 500+ horsepower being possible. Internals are a must, especially if you dont want to end up blowing your motor. What you want to work on is a 95 M3. That would be the best M3 to work on as far as forced induction goes. It utilizes the OBDI system which is much easier to modify. Of course with 500 hp im going to believe you'll end up going with a stand alone ECU and this defintely wont be a cheap project. I have seen quite a few 98ish 328's come close and break the 500 hp mark, but with much more engine work required.

What part of the StL you in? I live/lived midtown StL.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
i am out in south county work in north county and have family in ofallon, so you could say i am a bit of everywhere.... and when i say manifold, i was simply refering to the stock engine block, i wouldnt FI without forged everything, otherwise its like playing russian rolet with yourself... not smart i am just sitting on a pretty small purchasing amount, i need one for less than 10 G's milage isnt a big deal, as i will try and swap the motor anyway so it has low milage for the turbo setup, or at least a engine rebuild... but i want to have the upgradablity, if that makes sense, i know a kid and a dad that have a M3 pushing 800horse i dont know how much to the ground but its all race no road, i dont have the time for that yet, i still wanna drive mine around town..
Old 12-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say get a super low mileage OBDI 328 and go from there. I kow quite a few people are running 328s with a gt35r setup and they are all putting out numbers like you are requesting with a few intrnal work done.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
get a non-vanos e36...the non-vanos m50 is the best for FI from wat i understand...the non-vanos m50 is a iron block where the s50 and s52 are alluminum i think...jason(triggerhappy) knows a ton more than me, maybe he can enlighten us...
Old 12-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired administrator

Car:
Photos:
triggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond reputetriggrhaapi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to triggrhaapi
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x
i am out in south county work in north county and have family in ofallon, so you could say i am a bit of everywhere.... and when i say manifold, i was simply refering to the stock engine block, i wouldnt FI without forged everything, otherwise its like playing russian rolet with yourself... not smart i am just sitting on a pretty small purchasing amount, i need one for less than 10 G's milage isnt a big deal, as i will try and swap the motor anyway so it has low milage for the turbo setup, or at least a engine rebuild... but i want to have the upgradablity, if that makes sense, i know a kid and a dad that have a M3 pushing 800horse i dont know how much to the ground but its all race no road, i dont have the time for that yet, i still wanna drive mine around town..

Ok please leave now. Clearly you are too stupid to own a boosted BMW and if you were to attempt to make one, you'd do nothing but lose money and blow it up.

The manifold connects to the head, the head to the block. Using the word "manifold" to describe the block would be like calling a girl's face her vagina. Sure you could try to fuck it but she'll probably get mad and bite your dick off.
Since you have alot of money, go to EVOsport and give them your money and they'll build you a car. OK? good.

Addicted to Speed Since 1997
Founding member of the GreenDragon Poo Flingers Club
Founder and Double Member of the 150mph club

Read about my Frankenmotor Project and see how an M50 becomes an S50!!!

No, don't worry. It's cool. I'm taking it back for us.
triggrhaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrhaapi
Ok please leave now. Clearly you are too stupid to own a boosted BMW and if you were to attempt to make one, you'd do nothing but lose money and blow it up.

The manifold connects to the head, the head to the block. Using the word "manifold" to describe the block would be like calling a girl's face her vagina. Sure you could try to fuck it but she'll probably get mad and bite your dick off.
Since you have alot of money, go to EVOsport and give them your money and they'll build you a car. OK? good.
that is some pretty ruthless shit you just said for me to have misplaced one word... as i am sure you have never slipped up ever... my fault your absolutly right, i shouldnt have a car of any kind ever... do you hear yourself say that shit? does it sound that redicules when you type it? i hope not.... i juat happened to be a bit distracted when i was typing that question, now to make a presumsion like i should be no where near a bmw is a little over the top?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
I agree with trigg and instead of blasting him, grab a websters dictionary and read it front to back. yikes
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
WardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardJ
I agree with trigg and instead of blasting him, grab a websters dictionary and read it front to back. yikes
i am not blasting him he jumped my ass thanks, i was asking for an opinion on what to look into for FI on BMW's i didnt post to have someone be rude to me for a stupid error so unless you got something helpful to put up, shove off.. easy enough?

you would think it were a bunch of english teachers and i turned in the wrong paper, my bad that i was at work and typing that shit between my boss walking around and in a rush typed got my thoughts confused, ruthless bastards on this site man....
Old 12-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
I noticed it myself but I knew you probably made a simple mistake. Maybe you were distracted/drunk/beating off we dont know, but i'm just here to help. Jason was a bit harsh, and I think he said it mroe out of an opportunity to crack a few jokes. You gotta have a thick skin whenever you see a post by him (especially if you're new). Problem is he's never gotten laid in his life so he's a bit bitter.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
its all good, i just usually reserve my name calling untill i am sure the person is a moron thats all... no hard feelings
Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
For Teh Walrus?

Car: 1980 635csi euro
Photos:
WALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to beholdWALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
get a non-vanos e36...the non-vanos m50 is the best for FI from wat i understand...the non-vanos m50 is a iron block where the s50 and s52 are alluminum i think...jason(triggerhappy) knows a ton more than me, maybe he can enlighten us...
This being my favorite topic, and since I always want to know what sets my car apart . . . please come back Jason! We'll forgive the riceboy just this once .

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
WALSRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
haha.... well thanks for letting it slide, and jason i really would like the help seeing as you seem to have the confidence of most of the board...
Old 12-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
getting that much power out of a BMW doesn't seem to be worth it. Make your BMW for handling and everyday driving and get a supra or something if you want over 500-700 horses.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
the reason i want it is because its not something that is normal, having a bwm pushing 500 horses is not something you will run against very often, where as every supra you see will be at 300 if not more, up to 1000 horses, so its no suprise... plus that car isnt as nice looking as the the M3, you see a supra and you can know whether or not its tricked out and count on having your ass handed to you.. follow?
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction