Best tunning Software M30 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Forced Induction Talk about turbo and superchargers.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1988 735i
Photos:
fast 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best tunning Software M30

I have just put a 745i turbo set up on my 1988 e32 735i and was wondering what the would be best tunning software? AFC is the only thing that i have found that would work. Can raise the max rpm and top speed with custom burned chip. Thanks
fast 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
AFC the piggyback system?

I thought the old 7 series turbo was really a 3.5 Liter turbocharged with the 745 designation because of the old school style of considering that a turbo would be considered 1.4 times the displacement.

In any case why do you need new software? If it's light mods a piggyback would be OK but if this is a N/A motor that has been turbocharged you'll either need the chip for the turboversion, a properly tuned chip, or a standalone engine management system.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
fast 7... welcome to the site... interesting name there...

I'm sure it will remind a lot of members about the late "fast 6"...

Good luck,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97alpineM3

Good luck,

Les
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:

Good luck,

Les
woooooooow, i thought he was back from the grave for a second....

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
AFC the piggyback system?

I thought the old 7 series turbo was really a 3.5 Liter turbocharged with the 745 designation because of the old school style of considering that a turbo would be considered 1.4 times the displacement.

In any case why do you need new software? If it's light mods a piggyback would be OK but if this is a N/A motor that has been turbocharged you'll either need the chip for the turbo version, a properly tuned chip, or a standalone engine management system.
The AFC that i was talking about is from apexi and i used it on my buddies 535 that i turboed using a 745i turbo set up. We used a msd timing retard and the afc and it worked ok. Still have some deceleration issues but other than that it runs great. Put down 300 to the wheels at 12 lbs. I'm just trying to find a different software to tune my 7 that i also turboed using the same setup. I have a 2002 trans am that i built that has 462 ti the tire without spray and i tuned it using EFI live. It also has a MAF and used speed density tuning to get it fined tuned. Is there a tunning software out there for BMW's like this or is the AFC or having a chip burned the only way to tune it. Thanks alot guys and as soon as i get my 7 dialed in i will post numbers and pics. She is currently getting painted right now but will out by next month.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
AFC is a piggyback system. The only tuning you can do is a piggyback system or going ot a MAP sensor type of tuning. You'd need extensive knowledge on these. Standalones can get very expensive.

Did you add an aftermarket turbo, or the one that came from the factory on those cars? If it's fromt he factory adn utilizes the same ECU then the proper chip from the original factory tuned turbo vehicle would work.

Other than that you can get a proper shop that knows how to tune these cars. they can tune the car and burna chip for you. Places like AA Tuning and ICS Performance do this. You can get remote tuning also.

Active Autowerke - BMW Performance, M3 Performance Tuner, BMW Supercharger, BMW Turbo, BMW M3 Turbo, BMW M3 Supercharger
Home
Technique Tuning, Inc. Forced Induction Tuning at its Finest

Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
AFC is a piggyback system. The only tuning you can do is a piggyback system or going ot a MAP sensor type of tuning. You'd need extensive knowledge on these. Standalones can get very expensive.

Did you add an aftermarket turbo, or the one that came from the factory on those cars? If it's fromt he factory adn utilizes the same ECU then the proper chip from the original factory tuned turbo vehicle would work.

Other than that you can get a proper shop that knows how to tune these cars. they can tune the car and burna chip for you. Places like AA Tuning and ICS Performance do this. You can get remote tuning also.

Active Autowerke - BMW Performance, M3 Performance Tuner, BMW Supercharger, BMW Turbo, BMW M3 Turbo, BMW M3 Supercharger
Home
Technique Tuning, Inc. Forced Induction Tuning at its Finest
I used the factory turbo but upgraded it internals with t-66 parts. The car that the set up came from was a 1980 745i so the computer out of it won't work in my 88 e32. I guess my best bet is the afc and the msd timming retard box. I have extensive tunning experience with the afc and other tuning software. I tune ls1's and ls2's extensively, so tunning the car with the piggy back afc won't be a problem. Do you know of anyone who still offers an adjustable MAF?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Photos:
None that I know. All I know as far as MAF's go is that the majority of people who push over 350 rwhp switch to a 3.5" MAF and some how adjust the wattage to work for BMW's. I believe they use Porsche HFM's. Do you thinkt he stock MAF isnt sufficient enough for your needs?

Old 01-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sodium Chloride

Car: 95 M3
Photos:
saltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to beholdsaltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
Quote:

Good luck,

Les
fast 6 was a great guy... you have some shoes to fill with that name...
saltshaker185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
None that I know. All I know as far as MAF's go is that the majority of people who push over 350 rwhp switch to a 3.5" MAF and some how adjust the wattage to work for BMW's. I believe they use Porsche HFM's. Do you thinkt he stock MAF isnt sufficient enough for your needs?
No, i think it will be fine. I just wanted to have another way to tune the car. I just want to get this thing dialed in the best way i can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Forced Induction