BMW Werkz banner

Ask your water meth questions here.

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  joeyb1960 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What's the difference between Water Meth and say.... Nitro? Is one friendlier to the engine than the other and which one will typically give more hp? I'll admit I've heard very little about meth compared to nitro, so I'm curious as to why you would want one over the other.

#3 ·
Nitro methane and methanol are way different. Methanol is very common, and pretty easy to get. windshield washer fluid, heat etc have methanol in it. Nitro can be pretty hard to come by. Its can be very nasty to deal with. You have to mix nitro down to run it threw a motor. usually around 5% to run it threw our syste I am not a big fan of it. To easy to mix wrong and tear stuff up.

I honesty have not seen many people talk about it.

#7 ·
Here to Help!!

I just want to let everyone know i am here to answer all your water methanol injection questions. This really helps make more power on forced induction applications.

Benefits Of Water-Methanol Injection:

* Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%
* Lower air temperatures by 50-200+ degrees
* Increases octane when you need it under boost.
* Reduces cylinder temperatures up to 300+ degrees
* No wear issues only clean combustion chambers
* Allows you to safely run more boost and timing

#8 ·
biggest problem i see right now is that there are only a few members with FI bimmers, and those that truly want to boost can't afford to thans to the current economy.

Not trying to discourage you in any way shape or form, it's just how i see things. If i had the opportunity i would have boosted my e30 in a heartbeat.

#16 ·
Ive had meth kits on a few of my turboed cars, it does make a difference. Havent tried this brands kits before but if youre on the fence about getting a kit, do it. The performance is worth it. I'll probably be putting one on my e30 turbo once a few of my other cars sell.

I've been able to up the boost by as much as 6psi on one car just because it was able to raise the detonation threshold so much. YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.