What is the fastest BMW sold? not sold? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 06:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tower_Sage is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
What is the fastest BMW sold? not sold?

self explanatory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Those are questions that are much more complex than they seem as well as nearly impossible to answer. This is also a baically academic topic and nearly all Bimmer enthuiasts are interested in much more than just "fast" in the cars. "Fast" also encompases several different elements includin acceleration, top speed, etc.

On its face however, here are some quick insights: current model BMW's are factory electronically limited to 155mph. That said, nearly all "fast" bimmers as to top speeds have modified or custom chips in them which eliminate top speed governors and raise rev limiters. All ///M models and many other models are more than capable of reaching 155 and beyond. As to the ones "not sold" this question is impossibly broad as this site alone has hundreds of modified cars that are much faster than stock thanks not only to chips but to forced induction via turbos and superchargers, better headers, exhausts, manifold and throttle adjustments, lighter wheels and body stylings, aerodynamics, custom engines, engine swaps, and on and on and on. The quest for power in unending!!! MMWAH-HA-HA-HA

Again, many popular members of this forum have some or all of these modifications and others and drive impossibly fast cars that also handle like a dream, stop on a dime and most of all are a pleasure to drive and to look at. Enjoy the ride!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:49 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Understading your question as limited to BMWs right out of the factory, and using 0-60 mph acceleration as the measure for fastness, here are BMWs fastest production models:
335i cpe 5.3s 0 - 60 mph
135i cpe 5.1s
M3 vert 5.1s
M3 sedan 4.8s
M3 coupe 4.7s
Z4M coupe 4.9s
Z4M rdstr 4.9s
M6 vert 4.6s
M6 coupe 4.5s
M5 sedan 4.5s

I would guess the BMW Sauber Formula 1 race car is the fastest car they don't sell to the public

#4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 09:42 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
What a great list drz

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
+1 to BMW Sauber being the fastest BMW in acceleration and most likely top speed.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I actually like the racecars of the BMW Formula more than the Formula 1 Sauber BMW

#7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
n00b

iridelow is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
Understading your question as limited to BMWs right out of the factory, and using 0-60 mph acceleration as the measure for fastness, here are BMWs fastest production models:
335i cpe 5.3s 0 - 60 mph
135i cpe 5.1s
M3 vert 5.1s
M3 sedan 4.8s
M3 coupe 4.7s
Z4M coupe 4.9s
Z4M rdstr 4.9s
M6 vert 4.6s
M6 coupe 4.5s
M5 sedan 4.5s

I would guess the BMW Sauber Formula 1 race car is the fastest car they don't sell to the public
Hey..My car made the list!!!
#8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Neutral Member

CanyonCreekMT is on a distinguished road
I am getting a 2006 750Li next week and was wondering how fast it goes 0-60. Anyone know?
#9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Did you Google for a road test article?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Neutral Member

CanyonCreekMT is on a distinguished road
750Li 0=60

Thanks I found it at 5.8 seconds and learned a whole lot more. The car I am getting next week has every option available on the 750Li in 2006. After reading the review article on Google I think I will love this car.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridelow View Post
Hey..My car made the list!!!
I always loved the Interlagos blue! You have a terrific fun and fast car - enjoy it!

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
^time for you to upgrade to a Z4 as well??

#13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyo77 View Post
^time for you to upgrade to a Z4 as well??
By "upgrade" you must be referring to my
supercharged Z3? I've always liked the design of the Z3 more than the Z4 (don't get me wrong, I like em BOTH - a LOT!). The power of the Z4M is insane - like my Z not too practical - but DAYUM FUN! In fact, to my great sadness, practical reasons may make me actually have to SELL the ROADSTER ! More on this soon but if you folks know someone who would give an amazing car a good home...PM me.

Now, back to the "upgrade" comment, I shall ignore the theoretical "slight" to the M3 as she would unapologetically, ok, maybe with a smile and a wink - SMITE any Z4M who would dare oppose her...

MWAAH-HA-HA

GRRR...RAWR

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's