Stuck Glovebox - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 PM
teh Canuck....eh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
(Thread Starter)
Stuck Glovebox

Hey my brothers and sisters from other motheres...(I know, I'm so white it hurts)
I tried doing search and came up empty-handed. I hope that all you fellow Bimmer folks out there have some suggestions for me.
My glovebox is inoperable. Completely. I have tried the actuators with the key in, locked, unlocked, key out in both positions, to no avail. It would be kind of handy, since my insurance, registration, and various other little things are in there. I obviously don't want to incur and unnecessary damage to the interior, so I was hoping someone might know the trick to getting it open without busting the ever-loving shit out of it.
Thanks crew.

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Mine was broken in the front causing heavy load on the latch. To open it, I have to lift the whole box to unload the latch.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
Mine was broken in the front causing heavy load on the latch. To open it, I have to lift the whole box to unload the latch.
...tried it already. Unsuccessful.

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
#4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
you basically have to destroy the entire latch assembly, no easy task, i had to do this and i swear i never want to do it again...i then had to replace the latch

i dont have any better advice, my buddy is a 25+ year BMW mastertech and he knew a few tricks with a screw driver but i couldnt duplicate it to save my life

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT View Post
you basically have to destroy the entire latch assembly, no easy task, i had to do this and i swear i never want to do it again...i then had to replace the latch

i dont have any better advice, my buddy is a 25+ year BMW mastertech and he knew a few tricks with a screw driver but i couldnt duplicate it to save my life
Seriously? Damn it! That's what I was afraid of. Every time I have gotten in the car I've though...."damn, if I get pulled over, I'm screwed, all my legal documents are in the stinking glovebox!"

Well, I guess if that's how it needs to happen...*sigh*

thanks for the advice W and K!

Sir Winston Churchill
#6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Edit: the spammer is *poof*

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious

Last edited by witeshark; 05-06-2009 at 04:25 PM.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
i have the no glovebox mod, no problems opening here

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Whats all that Shit then ??? .....Ghetto thing...

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recklessness View Post
I used *snip* to jimmy open my locks when they were jammed. Maybe it will help you too. Good luck!!
BWAHAHAHAHA! That's some eff'd up shit, c*nt. Now GTFO.

Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by witeshark; 05-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
^ can you delete the link from his quote Dont wanna help him!

And i unbolted the back hindge of the GB and lifeted the back up to tilt the glovebox enough to expose enough arear to use a screw driver to pop the latch out

And can An Admin delete my post I dont think Mr.Fatty Catty is a pos

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious

Last edited by AlpineSixAndSeven; 05-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.
#11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
teh Canuck....eh

(Thread Starter)
Sorry, I can't...it's too late for me, but a mod on the other hand...

Sir Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's