Pictorial DIY BMW Sunglasses Holder Space & Console LED Lights (Part 2) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 05:47 PM
quality

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Talking Pictorial DIY BMW Sunglasses Holder Space & Console LED Lights (Part 2)

DISCLAIMER: Please read the original "Pictorial DIY Installation for BMW Cup Holder and Center Console LED Lights!" for specific details on preparing for this DIY.

http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/faq...der-58613.html

If you done that DIY there is no extra tools or supply needed for this one. You just need 2 extra prewired 3mm Orange/Amber LED bulbs from the set you would have ordered.

So after installing the cup holder LEDs and my new 18 Button OBC.
The empty space beneath the OBC seemed rather dark and impenetrable
so I decided to add some LEDs in there. This was fairly easy and it only involved removing the OBC and Sunglasses Holder Sapce/12V Lighter Element and splicing into the Grey/Red power wire and Brown ground wire that goes to the light bulb that lights up the Cigarette Lighter Element ring.

After your splice just run the LED wires behind the Holder and tie wrap it to the vents. If you are working with 3mm LED bulbs then the bulbs will just click into the vents. Line them up so they will be even and the light coming from them will shine in the space evenly. When they are inserted just apply a drop of crazy glue to hold them there. Alow 20-30 minutes for the glue to properly dry and put everything back in place.

The results should be nice.
Pictures below;

Last edited by Delmarco; 08-14-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)

#3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarco View Post
If you done that DIY there is no extra tools or supply needed for this one.
Please. You're joking, right? Or are you Alpine's black cousin?

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
^^ Lmao

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:33 AM
quality

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Prof View Post
Please. You're joking, right? Or are you Alpine's black cousin?
Simply meaning, "if you done the first DIY you will be using the same wire splicing tools and heat shrinks or solder" You are not in requirement of anything extra.

What is confusing here? No College Degree required to read into anything I say here.

Why is the DIY section at Werkz filled with more critics than people contributing? I don't get it...If you are interested in the DIY then by all means read it and try it out. Why just comment on a DIY that you have no interest or skill bothering with.
Comment all you want but chances are I will not have time to reply to every commentry on a DIY. When said and done, it is a DIY for chrissakes, you either Do It or you Don't!

This isn't the Ophra Winfrey show...no need to add color commentry or your pent up emotions about me or what I've done.

Last edited by Delmarco; 08-20-2008 at 12:39 AM.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
The point, princess, was your bad grammar.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 AM
quality

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Prof View Post
The point, princess, was your bad grammar.

oh, that is what you meant. well just say that. I'm too busy to be going thru all my fan mail.
Sometimes I write like that on purpose, but after a couple DIYs and about 1000+ words and images between them all I thank you sir for pointing out the one error I've made.
You have a special talent there.

#8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarco View Post
I thank you sir for pointing out the one error I've made.
You have a special talent there.
That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Lindsay fan club member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's