Interesting Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:58 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Interesting Question

So folks - here's one for all your input. Does anyone know what they call the brackets that rest on wheels that you can drive your cars 4 wheels up onto and then roll the whole vehicle sideways for storage purposes? My situation is that I have a heated L-shaped garage that formerly housed the Z3 in the inner spot and the 328xi E90 in the main spot during the winter months. Now, with the new M3 in the picture, I am much less optimistic (or even willing!) to try and fit the E46 in the inside spot via the ol' "back and forth jiggle" method...um, nope - not gonna happen. SO-I needs these wheelie things so I can put her up on them and just slide her over to the inside spot easy and get her (and her nice winter hardtop) OUT whenever I want too. So my question again is - does anyone know the name of these things or where I can look to buy them???

So far, no luck with web searches
It's not effective to search under "wheels for car storage" etc of course. HELP ME please - wifey needs her warm cozy main spot and the Dinan is never going outside so...your wise input is desperately appreciated. Thanks so much!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Those are called vehicle dollies. Used them all the time in the body shop.

Set of 4 Standard 8"x16" Car Dolly

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.

Last edited by german-speed-demon; 10-14-2009 at 07:28 AM.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Yes indeed I believe we've got a winner! So are their individual brakes on the dollies that allow you to easily drive into them? Seems logical enough. This will be great - a real life (Dinan S3-R M3) saver! W'hoo! Thanks Dave!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Actually what you do is lift it with a jack and place the wheel on the dolly. I've ever seen them with individual brakes, but the dollys do have brakes for once you get the car to where you want it.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's